Friday, September 14, 2018

Back Home Again



After our visit with Greg's Dad and Karen, we headed back to my
parents' house so we'd be close to the airport the following day.


I like to cook for people I love, and I decided that pancakes and potato & veggie hash
would be a good meal.  I chopped up SO MANY potatoes that it took a long time
for them to get cooked, but everything turned out delicious.


 I watched a fix-it-up show on HGTV while I was cooking
(I don't have HGTV at home, so it's a fun treat!)





Yum yum yum!



Here's what I wore that day.
top: Ross
skirt: Amazon

Then we packed up so we'd be ready to leave in the morning.






Here's what I wore on travel day: 


herbivore t-shirt: Amazon
skirt: Amazon

I had good treats to take along: dried mango
and gluten-free vegan buns.


When we arrived home, it 112 (urgh).


And our shower no longer worked!!!

Greg had to replace this water diverter piece because
it simply refused to divert ANY water to the showerhead.
Happily, it was soon better than ever!


I put the cactus vase my Mom bought on the speaker by the entertainment center,
where it looks pretty and reminds me that I am loved.



Overall summer updates:

Now that I have finished blogging this trip to Minnesota (SO MANY PHOTOS!),
summer is almost over (yay from this desert dweller).
It was an especially humid one, but not especially hot temperature-wise.
My friend Jihae used the word "wretched" to describe her assessment of summer in the Phoenix area.

I have been feeling pretty healthy since about June.  This is a nice long span of fairly good energy,
so I'm grateful!  I've been able to exercise almost every day, cook healthy tasty food, and take good care of the house/cats.  Chirp stuff has been extremely BUSY.  I have gotten quite a few new curriculum subscribers . . . to the point where I have shifted to allowing only digital subscriptions from now on.  Of course, there's still a LOT of work to do to prepare the curriculum to be distributed completely digitally, so I hope I keep feeling well!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo