Saturday, September 7, 2019

New To Me Music

Do you need some music recommendations?
OF COURSE YOU DO!!!

Music has always been a BIG deal to me.
It changes my mood
encourages me
makes me happy
makes me dance
makes me think
reminds me of who I am.


While I've been recovering, I've been digging into some great new music.
It's been one of the most delightful things about this time for me.

*****************

This artist I "met" about a year and a half ago.
I'm in love.  Her name is Amelia, also known as Fazerdaze.
She's from New Zealand (which makes me love her more
because I love New Zealand)!


Fazerdaze - Bedroom Talks



Here's a link to her whole debut album, Morningside:




TV Girl makes creative use of sampling (using pieces from other places, like movies)
and is endlessly humorous and facile with lyrics.
The melodies are fantastic and they do unexpected things all over the place.


TV Girl - Taking What's Not Yours



TV Girl - Hate Yourself


Catchy!
Or you can listen on YouTube!


There are two Alvvays songs that have joined Christie's Forever Favorites list
and this is one of them:

Alvvays - Lollipop




Hazel English is the newest to me, and I have been listening to her album on repeat
for the past few days.  It's beautiful and strong and fierce yet soft.


Hazel English - I'm Fine



Here's a link to her whole album on YouTube.




When I saw the look of the lead singer of Pale Waves (Heather), I expected some sort of punk
goth craziness from their music.  What I got was sweet, sweet happy-sad pop.


Pale Waves - Eighteen


Here's a link to their debut album playlist:





Those are my favorite new(ish) songs and artists!
Do you have any more recommendations for me?


Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo