Sunday, March 22, 2020

Dolly Steamboat on Canyon Lake



Before all this COVID19 business started getting really serious,
Greg and I went on the Dolly Steamboat with my parents.
It's a cute little sightseeing boat on Canyon Lake.




The drive is glorious.
There were wildflowers everywhere,
and the hills were quite green
thanks to the recent rain.


I might need to take a nature drive (with the stereo UP!) 
this coming week to 
enjoy nature and get out of the house.



Here's the little line.


Greg was #57!







There's the Dolly!


There were cute duckies on the piers.



We found great seats on the upper deck.





I an always very excited when I'm near the water.



Very soon after setting sail, we saw Arizona Bighorn Sheep!




There were lots of saguaros.
This one had lots and lots of arms!







These two pillars are the Yavapai Princesses.
They are rumored to be two native American sisters.



See how colorful the hills are?


See those circles?
Those the ends of petrified logs!


Look at the pretty patterns the silt is making in the water!







That black stuff is desert varnish.
https://www.nps.gov/articles/desertvarnish.htm








There was a snack bar on board, too!
Dad and Mom got popcorn.



I was happy to be with my sweet family.

Can you see caves up in the hills to the left?


There is one!
And there are stalagmites!






There is another recognizable landscape feature:
Weaver's Needle!


We saw some more Bighorn Sheep!








There's the bridge we came over on our way!






blouse: Charter Club (Macy's)
pants: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
shoes, bag, backpack: Target









As we disembarked,
the trees were FULL of red-winged blackbirds.
They were singing loudly and happily.



We went to the Seed Shack after our cruise.


We sat outside.
It was a gorgeous day.



Here's my meal:
black bean burger on gluten-free bun
fresh fruit



Greg tried the Impossible Burger.
He said he likes the Beyond Burgers better
(those are what I make at home now).


I love my sweet family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo