Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Outside Beauty

 




It is very HOT here this time of year, but the desert still has its own beauty.








Sometimes I find interesting things while I'm walking or running.

Here's my typical route.  I like the sound of the gravel when I'm running.


A palm frond:




Pods from an acacia tree (I think - but maybe from a mesquite . . . ):


Little crunchies from a different tree:




Probably this one:


Pretty clouds:










Night falling:





Our spider flowers are back because we got a bit of rain!





We had a CUTE little visitor!



 

She (he?) was very tiny.


LOOK AT THE CUTENESS!




A hummingbird was dive-bombing her.




Our huge night-blooming cactus is happy that we've gotten a sprinkle of rain a couple of nights.


Apparently he is self-pruning!

In the two monsoon storms we've had, big branches broke off, leaving this sort of thing behind. 





Desert plants are very interesting!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! xo