Saturday, January 16, 2021

First 2021 Shopping Adventure With My Mom! + More

 

My Mom is my favorite person to shop with and it's been FAR too long since we've had a shopping adventure together.  We are good shoppers, buying carefully and wisely, helping each other make good decisions.  We usually end up dressing pretty similarly, too. We are both wearing tops from Charter Club (Macy's) in the above photo, and I actually own the top she's wearing, also!  We don't usually end up wearing the same exact thing on the same day, but that would be fine.  Doesn't she look cute?!  I like those pants I'm wearing, too; they are pull-on leggings but they are cropped and have cute embroidery at the bottom.  I like that little feminine touch!



First I picked up some birdseed at WalMart (I was in and out of there quickly; it's not my favorite place!), then we went next door to Beall's, where we browsed around.  I haven't done a browsing sort of shopping trip since before COVID, so it's been almost a year.  I truly enjoy browsing online, but there's something relaxing and self-pampering about wandering through a well-organized and well-stocked store, looking at pretty things.

This t-shirt made me think of my sweet Gregory!
He loves spicy things.





I tried on that pink blouse in the background (not terrible, but not great, so it didn't come home with me).  My Mom had some coupons and decided that meant that she needed to buy my stuff for me (thank you, sweet Mom!)  I found a cute pair of walking/running pants and a light white sweater.  She also bought us a couple of drying mats for wet dishes (our dishwasher is broken and the one we want is so popular that it's out of stock until February).


Then we went to Target - hooray!  
I'm making a weird face in this photo because my close-up vision is getting bad (unless I take off my glasses), and I was trying to move my face farther from the phone to see if we were in focus . . . so I look slightly like a turtle retreating into my shell.  As my late Grandma used to tell me, "Aging is not for sissies."


I like that Target had an area for Black History Month stuff!


I bought a couple of lovely sweaters and a striped long-sleeved t-shirt.
Thank you to Greg's Dad and wonderful Step-Mom for contributing to this fun excursion and these great wardrobe additions!  


Believe it or not, I still had some energy after that (though I'm kind of wiped out today!), so I invited my parents over to participate in our Friday evening ritual: pizza and old Doctor Who (and brownies)!  What a blessing to have FAMILY members nearby!  It helps my heart.

Greg refused to act normal, but these are the only photos I have, so I have to post them.  Someday I'll be looking in vain for photos of him where he doesn't look insane. . . 

"Please look normal."


"Okay, fine.  How about a sad face?!"


"Come on!  PLEASE SMILE!"


Oh well.

***************


I should also share that our sweet little Measel kitten has found his forever home.  We're all grieving a bit, and our cats are wondering where he has gone.  Things are more boring around here.  We're happy for his family to have the opportunity to love him and get joy out of his sweet and wonderful self!  We miss you, Bébé!











4 comments:

  1. Oh Christie! I'm about to start my January blogs and saw this blog of yours! Your pull on capri leggings DO look cute! As does your hair, actually, beautiful--I envy your curls! Shopping with your Mom--jealous! And Target--double jealous!! Greg, seems like similar faces were made in college at Sandford Hall, no? Good to be who you are. ;) And the kitten pics were adorable, happy for a forever home! :) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, too, could have this hair! (With the right curling iron). ;) Yes, I don't know how life would be without a Target nearby. Though for your gorgeous Alaska beauty, it might be worth a try!

      Delete
  2. Oh and my "bonus Grandma" (Brad's Nana) used to say that too! "Getting old ain't for sissies!" I have a new quote (or two) "It's better than the alternative" and "Getting older...is a gift." I have been feeling negative sentiments about aging lately (eyes, hips, knees, etc.) but like to flip to the positive! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JULIE! Glad to see you here. :) At least we're still able to be active and OUTSIDE! xoxoxo

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! xo