Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Spring Purchases



When my Mom is in town, we do quite a bit of shopping together for the upcoming seasons.  I usually create a list of things I'd like so that we can be purposeful, but sometimes we buy things even if they're not on the list because we like them, they fit well, and we know we'll use them a lot!







Here are some of the things I purchased this winter.

 The Everlane Chore Jacket

I love jackets, denim jackets particularly.  I live in the Arizona desert, and it's usually hot.  Even when it's not hot, it's normally not chilly enough to need a jacket, but there are a couple of precious months in December through February where I get to wear LAYERS!  I have a lot of denim jackets and I love them all for different reasons.  I didn't have a chore jacket, however, and I only recently learned what they are!  They're longer slim-fitting jackets with patch pockets.  This one went on sale for what I considered to be a good price, so I snapped it up.



I am planning a California trip with my sweet dear friend Cindy in June and I wanted a second swim suit that I like.  I prefer to be more covered up so I don't need so much sunscreen, and rash guards have proven very helpful!  My favorite suit right now is this one (photo from 2019).

Rash guard from La Blanca
swim shorts from Go Gossip
both from Macy's



I wore it most of the time with a wet suit 'cause I get chilly (and scuffed by the boogie board).  This one is secondhand from Play It Again Sports. 


I decided to try this rash guard with these cute little board shorts.
I'm looking forward to trying them!



I also wanted a summery crochet bag, but I didn't want it to be brown, as most crochet bags are.  I wanted it to be black.  I wear a lot of black and white, and if I add a third color, I don't want it to be straw brown.  My favorite summertime bag is a round straw bag with black and white stripes, but I wanted to find something equally summery, but a crossbody style.  This was the one (found at Macy's and Amazon, purchased from Amazon).



I have a number of sweaters I didn't really wear this past winter, so I paid attention to why I didn't wear them.  A few were just too big in the shoulders, some were too short, some were too boxy.  I am getting rid of them.  Some went to a friend, some are getting donated.  

While at Macy's looking for jeans for my Mom, I ran across this sweater and it's perfect (as long as I sized up to an XXL! - what is it with women's clothing?!?!  How are we even supposed to know what size we are when sizing is that wacky?!)

It has the cutest little star print in blue and mustard and pink (the best colors!)


I went online and found this one at a low price, as well.  Heart prints are another favorite of mine.


One of the items on my "to find" list was straight-leg cropped jeans.  I didn't wear jeans all winter because I just didn't want to put on skinny jeans.

These are the first ones I found that I like.




Here they are on me - they don't look as wide-legged on me for some reason.



 (and this is my favorite yellow dot-print blouse!)


These are the second pair I found (I bought two of these!)  They are perfect, though I did need to size up one size.  They are slim-fitting in the waist, hips, and upper thighs, but a bit looser in the legs.  LOVE THEM.

Style & Co Straight-Leg Cropped Jeans
(so far only available in stores):




I also found this pink sweater, which is very soft and nicely sized (once again, I sized waaaay up).
Style & Co Sweater:

I love the color mustard, and I love polka dots (the modern kind and NOT on navy, which can veer too far towards granny for me).  One of my very favorite tops is a mustard color with white dots, and it's starting to wear out because I've worn it so much over the past year.  This one doesn't have the bell sleeves, but it's the same beautiful color and nice drapey material.

Adrianna Papell Yellow Dot Top (TJ Maxx):



These jeans were a surprise to me.  I didn't expect them to fit as great as they do, and I didn't expect them to be as comfortable as they are!  I love patch pockets on jeans and I love the slim yet loose fit on the legs.  

INC International Concepts Tie-Waist Jogger Jeans:

And look how cute the tie-waist is!


I think they look much cuter in person than on the model online, even, which is quite rare.

My favorite pink bucket hat washed away into the ocean almost 2 summers ago now.   I have a small head and it's difficult to find hats (or glasses!) that fit me well enough not to blow away in a light breeze.  I found some great ones at TJ Maxx.

Steve Madden Bucket Hat in Denim:

They're slightly loose, but now much, and they are a good weight, so they won't blow away as easily.  I always feel about 10% cuter when I'm wearing a hat.  I don't know why.  Most of my favorite photos of myself include a hat.


Steve Madden Hat in Pink:



I was browsing on Etsy to find a gift for a special person who was having a rough time, and I found some pieces I wanted to add to my jewelry collection.

I like earrings that have a round theme because they feel happy and bubbly to me.  These are adorable and vintage and I think they'll be really fun to wear!

Vintage 9K Gold Bubble Earrings (Etsy):


I wanted a round pendant to wear that would show up a little better on top of shirts and sweaters, and after a lot of rest-day browsing, I decided on this one.  It's beautiful and shimmery.  

Gold Round Mandala Pendant (Etsy): 



We have a wonderful time together and we get much better deals when we're together!  We also give each other good advice and help each other dig through racks where necessary.  What a good shopping team we are!  I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo