Thursday, September 2, 2021

September Has Arrived!


We got a bit of rain, thunder, and lightning last night - surprising how many short storms we've had this monsoon season!  


The sun always comes back, though!



We've had some heat, too.
 


Recently I discovered a brand of vegan cheese slices that have reasonably good ingredients (they're still high-fat, but they're not animal fat, so they're slightly better . . . and no one was harmed making them!)  I found some gluten-free vegan bread without gums that harm me (Crohn's intestines are persnickety!)

I was craving a grilled cheese sandwich, and I MADE ONE!
(Toasted, not actually grilled)



It was even melty inside!


The cats have been settling into having us both home again pretty much all the time.  We're not planning to go anywhere until the move (early-to-mid October), so they have lots of time with us to be calm and peaceful after our travels this summer.














Yesterday, I had a nice afternoon with my young friend, Hannah.
I picked her up, we got food at local vegan restaurant, the Seed Shack, and then we started packing my closet!  I was wearing this.
top: A New Day (Target)
mask: Etsy
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
bag: Scarleton (Amazon)




The packing itself was actually pretty fun, and I enjoyed picking out the things I believe I'll wear over the next three to four months so as to NOT pack those things.  It didn't take as much time as I expected it to take.






Thanks for helping, Hannah!

Greg and I are still waiting for that magical letter from his employer that promises he will still have an income even though he lives in a different state.  We're hoping that gets delivered quickly so we can activate more of our moving stratagems!

I'll keep you informed, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo