Monday, July 4, 2022

Furniture & Plant Shopping With Mom


With all that's going on around here (and considering that fact that I don't have my computer in a convenient spot at the moment), I've had a bit of a hard time getting all the fun things documented in the blog!  This happened a month plus ago already, but it was SUCH a lovely day that I didn't want to leave it out!  I'm catching up on everything now and will hopefully be able to stay on top of keeping up with events.


It was a grey day, but also sunny.  We had a rainbow over the pond!




My Mom and I planned to go get some hanging planters (which you have already seen if you read my last post!) and browse furniture.  We both needed some home things and wanted to do some initial reconnaissance.  



We found the most beautiful planters!





All of a sudden as we were leaving the plant nursery, we heard sirens!  Since it was a cloudy windy humid day, we naturally assumed it was a tornado warning.  


We were trying to figure out why our phones hadn't alerted us when the sirens stopped.  We then realized that it was NOON and we were in Osseo, a small-ish town that still does a siren at noon!  This was a old tradition in small Minnesota towns to tell everyone that it was lunch time.


Look at this gorgeous miror!



It's probably the prettiest one I've ever seen.


In between stores, we went to Davanni's and got pizza!



Look how cute my Mom is!  Stylish, too.  



We then went to HOM, which was fun.  I got to see the fabric for the swivel chairs I wanted, but they didn't have the exact style of chairs I was looking for (I ended up buying the ones from Wayfair).  


Here's the fabric:



I was happy to see this JUST IN CASE:


I love this loon!  He was painted on tin.



HOM is a big, interesting store.



After lots of browsing, we came home and I hung up my brand new lovely planters!









My Mom also passed on to me this painting from my Aunt Debby, who painted it for me with some of my favorite books!  I love it - how special!



The day ended with some cooking in the kitchen with Allistiar's help!


What a wonderful sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo