Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Canyon Lake Hike



Greg and I did a hike (the day after Thanksgiving) and I forgot
to post anything about it!  Whoops!

We had a good time.


Canyon Lake is beautiful.


And it was a great day:
blue sky, cool weather.


There is Four Peaks!


See the bridge?
That's how we got to our parking spot.
I think the bridge is pretty.


Can you see me in the panorama?








We cross the road . . .  


and then we climb up!


I found a cairn and added to it.





I found this huge locust!


The higher we climbed, the prettier the view!



This little hole looked like a heart!


Greg saw some little berries.
Don't worry: we did NOT eat any!





And I found this millipede!  Dead.


Isn't he beautiful?




The rocks have wonderful striations.






See that boat in the background (the white thing)?
My dear friend Cindy was on that boat when we were taking these photos!
(It's the Dolly Steamboat.)



Four Peaks again.
It's one of my favorite landmarks.







The colors and textures are glorious.







Thanks for hiking with us!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo