Sunday, May 31, 2020

Our Job Is To Love



My heart is with the people of the state where I grew up, Minnesota, and the people all over the world who are scared and hurting.


Our job is to LOVE
and to stand with those who are vulnerable.

I am be trying to understand,
working on seeing things from other people's perspectives, seeking to help, joining the fight for justice, calling out evil wherever I see it.

The murder of George Floyd was EVIL. Standing by and watching while his life slipped away was EVIL. Treating people differently based on skin color alone is EVIL.

This is a time for anger, for protest, for demands.
If I do not stand against evil, who will?

If you are oppressed, I am on your side.  I will defend you and uphold your cause.

Psalm 82:3 (NIV)
“Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and oppressed."



And I found this video helpful in understanding those
who have different life experiences from mine.




This is a wonderful message and discussion on the topic:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo