Friday, May 1, 2020

Road Trip!



I decided to take a nice road trip into the mountains.
I wasn't sure if I'd head to Sedona (one of my favorite places in the whole
world is by a river there) or Flagstaff (it's cooler there and there are aspen woods!)

I decided on Flagstaff because I didn't think my ankle was ready for the wading
in the river it would have been sure to enjoy if I went to Sedona.


Here I am at Sunset Point!
It's a rest stop with a beautiful view.
I always stop!
(They had toilet paper.)
I used that black handkerchief as my mask when people were nearby.




Very pretty!








After a couple of hours, there was Mount Humphrey!





I stopped at Target for the bathroom and for some snacks. 



I found toilet paper!
It is the most terrible toilet paper I have ever used, but
if we get down to our last good roll, we'll be happy to have it!




Then I looked on the AllTrails app to find a short hike nearby.



I decided this gentle walk in the juniper pine trees would be perfect!
I didn't want anything too steep because 
1. ankles aren't great
2. it's around 7000 ft elevation and I wanted to enjoy myself.
I have to say, though, I didn't notice the elevation, so I guess the beets
are doing their job oxygenating my blood!  









I walked in about 30-45 minutes.
It was a gentle sloping trail without many other people on it.


It smelled delicious.






I felt calm and happy.



Do you know why this tree stump has an X in it?
I don't!



Look whom I saw!
A horned toad!



Look at his grumpy little face!



This fallen tree was loooooong.









I also saw butterflies.











I love it when tree roots are used as steps!





It was a little over 80 F.


I stopped by Whole Foods to get a few grocery items (I had a cooler along!)
so I wouldn't have to stop on the way home.
Then I went back to Target for another bathroom break.
The TP was all gone.


On the way home, I had a special snack!
It was dark chocolate with almond butter inside.
(Drooling).


I saw red hills on the way home
(I stopped to take photos!)






And of course, I stopped at Sunset Point on the way home!
Beware!
Poisonous snakes and insects inhabit the area!!!




It's often windy on the Mogollon Rim.





I hope you are able to get outside a little bit.
It does help the brain and the emotions for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo