Sunday, October 10, 2021

More Moving Preparations



It's been cloudy here and I like it!  Doesn't make the palm trees any less pretty.


 

My favorite vegan fast food place launched some new merchandise and I bought this great hat.  Light blue AND gold - love it!


We had to suddenly get a new microwave because our started smelling burnt and that's scary!
Behind our old microwave was blue wall!

I emptied out the bookshelves in the bedroom.



And the piles of boxes keep growing.

I looked for more boxes in the back of big stores, but they break them down right away and wrap them up to be reused.  Greg bought some at UHaul instead and they're great.


We also had some rain lately, and I got to run in the rain one morning!
It was great!

We also were able to move the entertainment center on to a new home!
Before . . . 

After!


The area by the foosball table is full of boxes yet to be filled.  We won't use all of them because they're mostly smaller ones and we find ourselves using the U Haul ones more.

We still have plenty of time for snuggles, though.

Claude had to wear the sunflower cone again because she scratched herself and left a couple of bloody scabs we didn't want her to open up again.

But she's a beautiful flower!











I'm meeting with a few special people before I leave.  I went to Pieology with my young friend Hannah and we had a good time.  



I went to Barro's with my dear long-term friend, Echo.  It was sweet but sad!  I'm going to miss her VERY MUCH!


She is an Occupational Therapist and she's been borrowing some of my toys since I haven't been "in business" with kids since COVID hit.  She gave them back so I can take them to Minnesota.

Here are some of them!




I have been able to run many mornings, and this morning it was FINALLY almost chilly.  It was 59 and lovely.  It's much easier to run when it's not blazing hot, and I do best in the 40-70 range.


We've been getting rid of lots of stuff, of course, since we had many things we did not want to transport across the country.  The three bookshelves in my office were some of these things.

I can hardly believe it, but I packed everything in my office.  Greg has packed up the tech equipment in there, but I packed everything else!  The whole room is storage now for packed boxes waiting to go on the truck in mere days.

Before more boxes went in this area, this is what the room looked like without the shelves!



This was the other side of the room a couple of days ago.




Here it is today:


While dropping off some stuff at Goodwill, I saw this monkey beanie left sad at the bottom of the bin.  I grabbed it up, washed it, and now he's going with me to Minnesota!  I will need lots of fun hats.  


This was the living room a couple of days ago.  The boxes are empty (many have been filled by now, though), and the entertainment center is now gone.

Break for cloudy skies (not that common here):



I'm exhausted, and the more tired I am, the clumsier I am.
Here's one plate fewer that will be traveling with us . . . 


While sorting through boxes to see what needed to be recycled or thrown out and what needed to come with us, I found some fun memories.  One was this amazing drawing I did of the house I grew up in.  I remember drawing this in the first week of 4th grade.  I was especially proud that I found the exact color of our front door and that I figured out (with my Dad's help) how to make the steps go to the side and then turn 90 degrees to go up to the front door.  I also made our swing set peek out from behind the house and made sure that one bush in front of the house was mostly red instead of green.


 Not long now until this move is in the past tense!!!


Stay tuned . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo