Tuesday, October 19, 2021

TOMORROW!




Well, the time has come to say "goodbye" to Arizona!

We've said goodbye to amazing neighbors (we have 3 families that have been living next to us or across from us for 25 years - as long as we have lived in this house!) with cookies and muffins and thanks.  We have prayed for the next residents of this wonderful house we've loved.  We've celebrated the happy memories we've had here and thanked God for the times with our friends and family.  We've remembered the hikes and beautiful desert scenes that have made our lives so much richer and happier.  And now it's time to go.

I've been worn out from packing and loading the truck and being tense, and my emotions haven't quite caught up to the fact that this is my last day in Arizona.  In fact, I don't think my emotions know what they're doing!  Here are some emotions I'm feeling . . . 

fear
joy
excitement
grief
gratitude
happiness
trust
excitement again
nervousness
giddiness
silliness
focus
sadness
hope
peace
anticipation


And who would've thought that a tear would come to my eye at Sprout's, my favorite grocery store?!


I was pretty much only overwhelmed and scared/anxious last night, but Greg and I prayed together and then I prayed more alone.  I felt better when I woke up, and I felt even better when I picked up the rental van - it's amazing!  


It's a Chrysler Pacifica and it has Stow And Go seats in the back, so they all fold perfectly flat.  This will enable us to have the cat carriers side by side back there so the babies are comfortable.  It's very easy to drive even though there's a lot of room.  There are a LOT of windows everywhere and great visibility.  It's almost like my old Nissan Cube (which I loved), but it has more room and more power.  It even has adorable blue lighting around the dials!



I definitely want one of these now!

I've been working on getting food set for the drive . . . cookies are a requirement!


I've been selling stuff on OfferUp and trying to organize and clean the house out more before the professional movers come.  Don't bother to come rob us; there's almost nothing here except large heavy items, Greg will be here supervising the movers and the house sale, AND we have cameras everywhere.  


I love you, Arizona!  Thank you for 25 years of adventure!



Stay tuned for more moving fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo