Friday, December 17, 2021

Snow Fun


 I went for a long walk to the park and enjoyed the light snow that remained from our last snowfall.  The little animal footprints are adorable!



It was later afternoon (well, probably 3 or 3:30 pm), so the sun was beginning to set.  It lit up the treetops.


There was snow, sometimes in interesting patterns.


The steps in the middle of the park were extra pretty with snow, but I was very careful as I traversed them!  I don't want to be embarrassed by a snow-related injury just when snow and I are becoming acquaintances again.


The leaves were poking through and looking beautiful.  It smelled fresh and nature-y out there, too.


I felt compelled to hug a tree.






The sun was setting over the frozen marsh.


And the moon was rising!





There's the pier!


The lake is frozen now and covered with snow.  I doubt it's frozen enough to walk on yet, and I'm not about to find out!


I found a pine branch and brought it home.  It was already dried out and didn't have much smell, but it was pretty and felt festive.




We were expecting more snow (a big one), so I made sure this nice long walk outside happened the day before.  It was a lovely one with the clouds rolling in.


The next day, the snow started within 10 minutes of when the meteorologists predicted, right before noon!






After dinner, there was quite a bit, and Greg and I decided to go out adventuring!





It was still snowing quite a bit, and it continued to snow through the night!











The trees looked especially pretty.



Since Greg and I moved away, cities have started covering fire hydrants with plastic bags to protect them from the snow.  The striped stick is so they can find it when the snow is really high.

After we walked, Greg decided to see if he remembered how to shovel.

He did!



The next morning it was warm (40 degrees, I think!) and I did the rest of the shoveling.  It took me over an hour to shovel half of the back driveway and the front sidewalk and steps.  It was nice but I was very tired and I sadly got a bit grumpy.



I did a good job, though!
And thanks to my anti-inflammatory plant-based diet, I wasn't even really sore afterwards!


The following day at church, the snow piles in the parking lot were higher than the cars or people.  I forgot how neat that is!


At Whole Foods they had to block off an area of parking spots to store the snow.


Cats like chilly cozy weather.





And I like to wear layers!
Here's one from last week:

sweater: unknown brand, from Target
chambray top: Tommy Hilfiger (Macy's)




Target has some amazing things in their "dollar" section!
I've had the spotted ceramic tree, but those little bronze ones are new and adorable!  I love trees and I decorate with them all year 'round.

The sunrises when it's cloudy are fab.


But sometimes a kitten just needs to sleep instead of looking at the sunrise.


My Mom and I had a Target run together.  It's not as convenient right now as when we were all in Chandler, because there, my parents' condo was 5 minutes from our house and right now our rental house is 30 minutes from their house, but it is still better than 30 hours!!!






We drove to a beautiful neighborhood near where my parents live to look at some houses (just a drive through peep).  There was a nature preserve and a lake, and the sun was setting (it was not even 4 pm yet!) 


The next day, we got rain!  In fact, we got thunderstorms!
This is how it looks when it rains on snow.  Then the snow melts altogether.


It was foggy before the rain came.


Day with capital-W Weather are especially great for snuggling - but then every day is good for snuggling!



In spite of the rain, Greg and I walked to our local pizza place for a fun outing.
I like the beams and the Christmas lights!

We saw lightning and heard thunder on our walk home.


And then the next day, it snowed again!

What wonderful creativity God has to send so much interesting Weather our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo