Friday, August 9, 2019

California - Day 6




Thursday was another beachy day!
Though we did start very slooooooly because Disneyland took a lot out of us.
Everyone was achy (my parents especially, with their injuries) and tired.

I decided I needed a little outing and I had seen a vintage store I desperately wanted to visit.
I wore this - though I decided at the last minute not to wear the hat, since I would be mostly indoors.
top: A New Day (Target)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
hat: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
sunglasses (DKNY, prescription from my eye doctor)

The SEA HIVE!
I love the name, I love the graphics, I love the design, I love the interior, I love the wares!




This sculpture was by the door - I'm assuming while they decided where to put it.
Or maybe someone bought it and was picking it up soon.
It looked like big chunks of ice.

They have great lamps.




Look at all the great stuff!
I wish I could browse here weekly.


This was the first thing I picked up!
I love it.
It has a ribbon tie closure, which I can't tie on my own wrist, so I'm trying to figure out a way to change the closure.


Here I am holding the bracelet.
purse: Amazon
sandals: Sketchers (Bob's for Dogs: Amazon)



If I had more walls in my house, I would have considered an ocean painting.
They had FABULOUS jewelry (there was a gold sun pendant with a diamond and some small turquoise stones that blew me away - but it was very expensive)


I wanted to snap this up, too, but there aren't any teeny tiny people in my life, nor any available corners in the house.  It's just adorable!  I like that bamboo or wicker or rattan stand next to it, too.


I picked up a cat house!  Thankfully we were driving home instead of flying!
I love this cat house and I will keep loving it even though to date, 
not one cat will enter this cat house - I have put their favorite toys in there to lure them in 
. . . they will stick in their heads to get the toys, but that's it!


This lady doing a handstand made me laugh.


I liked these little Arizona cactus salt and pepper shakers!


Here's what I bought:
the cat house
a hair scarf
a small ceramic vase
a seashell bracelet
a string bag
a woven basket
some sea shell Christmas ornaments (given to my Mom, Esme, and Cora)


While I was gone, there were some fun things happening!

The sun was shining!




And Greg & Jillian were busy creating the "2019" and "50" my Mom thought up for the family photos!  They are both detail oriented and did a fabulous job.






Mark and Dad and the girls went to the water.


Eventually Greg and I got there, too!


Cora fell asleep at one point under a towel.


My ankle was a little more sore from the amount of standing and walking we did at Disneyland, but being in the water always refreshes me.  I took it slightly easy when the undertow got stronger.

Here's what I put on after a shower:
pants: 89th & Madison (Beall's)
camisole: JKY by Jockey (Target)
top: Ross
sweater: Ross
socks: Target

Look at that great pattern!


I drove my parents out to an ANNIVERSARY DATE!
They are the cutest and they even take great selfies!


I picked them up later, don't worry!

I had potato corn chowder and a salad for dinner.


We watched the sun go down over the gorgeous gray ocean.



Then it was time for some Moscato.



And gifts!
50 YEARS of marriage deserves presents for sure!





My Dad bought my Mom a beautiful diamond pendant.


Mark and Jillian bought them a fabulous canvas about our family:



We bought them a pillow with important dates stitched on:


My Mom decided to display it here:



Who would guess they've been married FIFTY YEARS?!
Look how cute they are?


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Dad & Mom!
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo