Thursday, August 15, 2019

California - Day 7






We started out the day by getting casually attired 
and ready to take some fun beachy family photos!


I wore this (though I didn't need the jacket):
jacket: Guess (TJMaxx)
dress: Target
flip flops: can't remember (Ross)
hat: INC International Concepts (Macy's)






Get ready to see a LOT of photos of my adorable family.

We started out with the whole family.
Greg, Christie, Mom (Dory), Dad (Tom), Mark, Jillian
Cora, Esme

I love us all in hats. I love hats and I love these people!


Slightly silly:





An in-between-photos photo:


Our handsome men:




I took these men pictures!


Adults happy, children bored:


Greg took most of these wonderful photos.


Camera at ground level:





Our feet with a 50!


We tried to look up at the camera, but the tilt was awkward and the sun was too bright.
Jillian's smile and my Mom's smile are worth the effort, though!




Just one foot:



Just my parents' feet:


Look at that cute giggle!





Then we tried for some quick family photos on the rocks right by the ocean.




I can't get enough of these faces:






We also tried to get a few of all of us there on the rocks:


This one is really good!
Everyone is smiling!



I love this one:





Even Christie and Greg got some attention
even though there aren't any cute little girls to brighten up the photos.


I love that weird man.




Here are some more good lookin' peeps:










I love it when Jillian's nose crinkles up.







What a gorgeous couple and a beautiful location!



Then we decided to go out for brunch!
I wore the same thing, but grabbed a bag (Ross) and a jacket (Guess from Ross).


We got to walk there!




"Scoop the poop.
It's your doody."
It makes me smile every time!


Cora loved the trains!
And there were a lot of them because it was a passenger line.


We took up two whole booths.




My Mom got loaded up waffles.


I found an okay salad and brought some stuff with me.


I also spoke a teensy bit of Russian to the server.
She was from Ukraine, but spoke four languages, one of them being Russian.

My Mom mentioned that I have studied three additional languages besides knowing English, and so the topic came up that I speak a little bit of Russian.
She asked me in Russian how I was doing and I said I was well, thank you.
She told me I did great.  

I like Cora's fork mouth.  It's fancy.


And I like her pretty blue eyes, too.


There were nice chalk artworks in the cafe.






Can you see us all in the window?

Maybe you can see us all in this photo!


I asked the ladies if they'd like to visit the Sea Hive with me to browse,
because browsing with my girl family in weird and wonderful shops is one of my favorite things!




I'm happy they said yes. 







I LOVE these rocks with doilies crocheted around them.
I bought a bowl that looks like that one
and perhaps I will fill it with doily wrapped rocks someday.




Home!



There were lots of plants, lots of wicker/rattan, and
lots of wood.





I also like rocks with little etchings/paintings.
This bird is delightful.


We didn't buy anything (though my Mom and Jillian did get coffee at the coffee truck parked outside!), but we had fun.  We walked home, enjoying the cool breeze and the view, and headed to the beach again!









The girls loved jumping into the big waves.
















And playing in the sand.



Grandpa got lots of snuggles:







Mark also found a crab!









Look how cute he is!







After the beach and a shower, I changed into comfy warmness because I was chilly!
pants: I can't tell from the photos which ones they are, but I think INC International Concepts (Macy's)
shirt: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
sweater: Ross
The girlies are very cute when they're all cuddly in their jammies.


It was a glorious evening with a fabulous sunset.


The saddest thing was that we had to go home the next day.
We will never forget these nearly perfect days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo