Monday, August 19, 2019

What I Wore In California



I did a good job packing for this trip.  It was easier because I didn't have to hold myself back - we DROVE to California!  So I could pack lots of "just-in-case" stuff and shove things into the car.
On the way home, it was a little more full because of some shopping! 

Here are some outfits from the trip.

I love this golden yellow top with bell sleeves and dots.
It's flowy and the perfect weight for the temperatures we encountered.
blouse: Beall's
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
hair bow: J Crew

I appreciate this dress for its slightly faded tiny floral pattern.
It feels just right as far as cute and casual.
Very beachy feminine.
Interestingly, I decided to tie my denim jacket around my waist while I was shopping.
I almost didn't notice that in the photo, but I like it.
dress: Target (years ago)
cross body bag: Amazon
hat: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
shoes: Sketcher's (Amazon)
denim jacket: Guess (TJ Maxx)

I'm a big fan of pants with stretchy waistbands.
These with the wonderful colorful floral pattern are extra fun for the beach!
pants: 89th & Madison (Beall's)


I usually wear patterns on my top half, but I have a few plain tops.
This blue one worked great with these pants!


This may be my favorite summer t-shirt.
It it more fancy than a typical t-shirt because it has a boatneck scoop
in the front and a ballerina deep U back.
I love the elbow-length sleeves, too.
hat: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
top: A New Day (Target)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
sunglasses: DKNY (prescription, from my eye doctor)


That cat bed/house is one of the things I purchased that took up
room in the car on the way home!
sandals: Sketcher's (Amazon)
cross body bag: Ross

This was a great outfit for Disneyland.
Though I was HOT (I'm always hot at Disney parks).
I'm not great with standing a long time in almost exactly the same spot.
I can happily walk a loooong way and sit okay for awhile, but I don't like standing
in a stationary position.  It's sweatier than walking.
But overall, this was a great outfit.
striped t-shirt: Target (years ago)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
cross body bag: Ross (similar available on Amazon)
hat: Wal-Mart (bought when my other one was washed out to sea)
sunglasses: DKNY (prescription, bought from eye doctor)

I added a cardigan in the morning, but I didn't wear it for long.
cardigan: Ross

I braided my hair a lot when I was in California
because it's easy and cute.  I don't like to mess around with curling it
if it's just going to get wet or blown around.  
And I love hair bows!  This one is velvet and the long ends are especially flirty.
hair bow: J Crew


I spent quite a bit of time in my swim gear!
wet suit: Hyperflex (used, Play It Again Sports)

long sleeved swim top: La Blanca (Macy's)
swim shorts: Go Gossip (also Macy's)
hat: Rite Aid (purchased when my hat was lost to the ocean)

The wet suit was more for the rash guard properties (without it, I got all chafed up from the boogie board) than the cold, but it helped with the chilly water, too!





Here's another cute t-shirt that's nicer than a regular t-shirt.
It has sequin palm trees on it!
I wore this to go out for a casual dinner with everyone
after a nice day at the beach.
t-shirt: A New Day (Target)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
jacket: Guess (TJ Maxx)
hair bow: J Crew

Blurry, but you get the idea:

This outfit was for visiting the eye doctor (to get new glasses for Greg when his washed out to sea),
and buying wet suits.  It was a little too warm for the day once the sun came out, but I'm looking forward to wearing it this coming winter.
top: Knox Rose (Target)
pants: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
hair bow: J Crew
bag: Ross
sandals: Sketcher's (Amazon)



I love the lace at the bottom hemline!



This outfit was for an evening after being at the beach during the day.
Greg and I took a long walk to see if we could find a hat and some replacement glasses for him.
Then we chatted with everyone while listening to the ocean waves.
striped top with blue eyelet bell sleeves: Tommy Hilfiger (Macy's)
sweater: Ross
bag: Ross
jeans: JAG (Beall's)


slippers: Target

Here's the pink hat that I lost to Ms Ocean:
pink hat: Target many years ago I think
dress: Target
backpack: Madden Girl (Ross)

Here are the pajamas I wore.
They are my favorite for softness, flowiness, and stretchiness.
fleece: Old Navy
pajama set: Gillian & O'Malley (Target - try the Stars Above brand for similar)

If it was too hot for the long-sleeved top, I put on a t-shirt.
Here's one of my favorites.

"Vegan
for health
for the earth
for the animals"



This was my traveling outfit.
I didn't love it.  I don't think I like this top much.
It looks fine, but I don't love it.
I do love the burgundy lace camisole underneath!
top: ? from Ross
camisole: Kohl's (at least 10 years ago!)
bag: Ross

There you have it!

Clearly I stuck to  a couple of uniforms.

#1: cute top + a-line skirt + sandals + cross body bag

#2: slim pants + longer top + sandals + cross body bag

Easy-peasy!

What outfit formulas do you stick to while travelling?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo