Friday, July 9, 2021

July




 Well, it's July, in case you hadn't noticed!



As always, it's very hot in the Arizona desert in the summer.  July is summer, therefore it is very hot here!  Originally our desert had a monsoon each summer, where rains and winds would come to bring much-needed water to plants and animals.  When Greg and I first moved here 25+ years ago, the monsoon storms were crazy wild.  Sometimes our power went out due to fallen trees on power lines, trees were regularly ripped out of the ground (though our trees have shallow roots here to get the maximum available water, which doesn't get down very deep), winds and dust storms were common, and we'd have haboobs.  In the past 5 years, we have barely had monsoon storms at all.  In fact, we are calling them non-soons!  

The other day, though, we had a tiny little window of rain sprinkles.  I had just come in from a run, and I savored each drop.


Arizona has also been on fire.  There have been some huge wildfires, and one was fairly close (near Lost Dutchman State Park to our East).  The air smelled like dirty garbage smoke and it felt hard to breathe.  I probably shouldn't have run outside with the air like that, but I did, and I've been dragging since then.  I haven't run this week at all so I could recover.

The smoke does make very pretty sunrises and sunsets, though!











This is the moon in the morning to the West:


This is the sun in the morning to the East!


Sun rising:




The cats still bring us endless amusement.  

Stephen with his little pink tongue:




Allistair enjoying yoga with Momma:





"Momma, I don't want the air conditioner blowing cold air on me.  Please make me a tent."




Daddy gets snuggles, too.


I haven't made anything new lately, but I appreciate my old faithful recipes.

Pizza:


Chocolate chip cookies (some of the dough got eaten before it made it into being cookies!):







Time for Sci-Fi Friday with my Gregory - have a great weekend!


***************

Bonus:  This pretend "packed" box of glasses is a hint of things to come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo