Saturday, July 31, 2021

To The Lake!

Before we headed to the lake, though, we went to CHURCH!


IN PERSON!

What a blessing to be able to be PHYSICALLY WITH other people to sing to God and think about Him!  We haven't been physically present in a church since March of 2020, and it was especially sweet because Woodland Hills is the church we'll be attending when we move to Minnesota.  Who would have guessed a year and a half ago that so much would change?


Minnesota has frequent tornadoes, and every public building needs to have posted severe weather shelter areas.  In this building it is the bathrooms!


The lighting in there was terrible, so I look lumpy and odd, but I'm posting this photo anyway because everyone looks lumpy and odd sometimes!  This is what I was wearing. 

blouse: A New Day (Target)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
sandals: Sketcher's Bob's For Dogs (Amazon)
bag: Scarleton (Amazon)



After church, we headed to my parents' lake cabin!


On the left is the shop, on the right is the garage.  Straight ahead is the cabin!


Almost immediately, I put on my suit and swimming gear to get in the water!
It was HOT and HUMID.  I was happy the water was right there at the bottom of the hill!


These are my OLD prescription sunglasses!  I don't want to be out in the sun with no sunglasses, but I don't want to take the risk that my new sunglasses will end up at the bottom of the lake.



There's the beautiful lake!



Lovely Jillian:

That's me in the blue with the hat:





3 silly girls in the water!






We had dinner outside and enjoyed some cuddles:


Greg drove Esme's car!



He's a very good driver!












Here's a teeny tiny toad!




The cabin from down the hill:






Mark started a fire and I was able to sit there for maybe 15 minutes before I was eaten alive by mosquitos.  I later discovered 30+ bites on my butt and upper thighs!


The fire was beautiful, though!

More fun tomorrow . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo