Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Some Monsoon Storms & New Recipes!


Right after I wrote last time abot the non-soon, we had some storms and even some rain!  In fact, I woke up this morning to thunder, lightning, and light rain.  It's very relaxing!

 


On Friday evening we had a storm overnight, and on Saturday morning when I was out getting my glasses repaired (the arm came off!), there were a number of trees down.


Sometimes they're just tipped over:


On my run the next day, the park had some damage, too.




The cats are adorable, as always.  They are less scared by rain and thunder than I would have expected, especially since Stephen is afraid of strange things (like hats and the laundry room).

Allistair loves Wanda, and brings her to Daddy whenever I leave the house.


Stephen does weird things almost every time I try to take a photo of him.
This time he yawned.



One of my very favorite things to do it to cook when there's Weather (rain, wind, etc.)  This week, I tried three new recipes.  The first one was recommended by my dear sweet friend, Cindy.  I had a shepherd's pie recipe, but this one has lentils, which makes it hardier.


My neighbor brought over some fresh basil, which was a lovely addition!


Before (I ran out of potatoes, so they aren't covering the filling!):


After (yum!):


I baked a lasagna at the same time.



I also tried a new pizza crust recipe!


I didn't hate it - it's pretty good!


This one didn't work out as well . . . it's marshmallows!
The main hero ingredients are aquafaba (the juice from a can of garbanzo beans) and agar powder.  The flavor wasn't terrible, but the texture didn't come out right.  I *might* try again, but I might choose a different recipe to try.


They turned out messy and squishy.


Bonus:
If your stainless steel gets rusted, make a baking soda paste and rub it on there!  It worked great on my favorite water bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo