Thursday, August 5, 2021

At The Lake


What a beautiful morning!


Mark was working on some issues with the dock/lift, and Greg was offering companionship and thoughts (while eating licorice).


What a powerful man!


After some outdoor work, Mark decided to eat breakfast.  He wanted oatmeal, and found some in the cabinet.  Looked good!  BUT . . . he said it tasted weird.  My Dad had had some the previous morning and said it had tasted strange to him, too.


Mark brought the container out to see what the ingredients were ("maybe it's 'whole wheat'), and discovered that it had expired 7 years ago.  Whoops!



It was already sunny and over 80 degrees - that's a sign of a good lake day!


After lunch, the girls wanted to do some tubing!

This is Big Mable, borrowed from my parents' neighbor.




There we go!



First I tubed with Cora:



Then I got to tube with both girls!




My hair was crazy wild tangled!



That ball in the middle helps the rope not sink in the water and it helps a bit with the wake, too.



The only sad thing about the day was that Cora had some emotions about needing to share Auntie Christie with Esme.  It warms my heart that the girls like spending time with me!  Eventually we talked through our feelings and were able to have some more fun.  She's cute even when she's sad.



And of course, we did end up in the water!
After we were done with the actual tubing, we playing on and around Big Mable.










Greg noticed this on the boat:



After we tired ourselves out in the water, we went back home to take showers and get cozy.
Cora and I read together - Encyclopedia Brown!  I read those books when I was a kid, too.



My eyes needed to be shut for just a little while . . . 


Mark started a beautiful crackling fire (and I had some rest time in the bedroom so that I wouldn't get eaten alive!)


What a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo