Thursday, January 20, 2022

Sun Dogs & Other Nature!


We are closing on our house soon!

I got the utilities, waste, and recycling set up this morning, and I left a message with the city for getting water and sewer set up. 

 Greg's Dad and Step-Mom, Karen, have offered us a lovely sturdy wood table with great grain and neat rounded edges.  I have been thinking about chairs to go with it and these are my favorites!

They are almost exactly like chairs in our home when I was growing up, and I always have a soft spot for cane/rattan.  Plus, the blue color is perfect!  These type of chairs are pretty comfy, too.

We also got our Minnesota driver's licenses and Clarabelle (our Nissan Kicks) got a Minnesota license plate and tags!  I keep thinking that this is all an extended dream and that I'll wake up back in Arizona sad!  I can not believe that God has been THIS GENEROUS to us and that we get to live in a beautiful place in a gorgeous home on a fabulous pond with trees and wildlife and our beloved FAMILIES nearby!   It's all a dream come true and it keeps getting better.

We've been on a few adventures lately.


I tried to find the trailhead for the walk along the stream I did on my birthday, but I didn't find the right place!  We still found a fun place to walk and enjoy the beauty of nature, though.





On our way out, we saw this bulletin board with lost items pinned on it!
Are you missing a glove?  Some ear muffs?


The marsh was pretty.


This walk is the one that made me realize I needed new boots.  I have a GREAT pair for snow things (playing in the snow), but my everyday fall and winter walking boots are not doing the trick anymore.  They are slightly too big and they're slip-on, so they're not adjustable.  That means they chafe and my socks sink down and off.  I have ordered some new ones - we'll see how they are and I'll report back.





I went for a walk by myself recently to escape heavy bass (our rental shares a wall with another family).  


I walked to a park nearby that has a little stream.








Thanks to this house along the way for constantly reminding me that I'm meant to be resisting evil!



Then I came home and tried out our new air fryer for the first time!  Turns out I love it!
The potato wedges turned out delicious and it was quick!



The sunrises from my couch in the morning are beautiful (very different from clear hot Arizona sunrises), and I'm getting excited about our new house because the back of the house overlooking the pond faces east and I'll be able to watch the sun rise over the pond!



Yesterday I saw SUN DOGS!!!


They are like pieces of rainbows to either side of the sun (22 degrees).

Here is the other one.


I love that there's always something interesting and beautiful happening in nature!

Tune in next time to take a little mini-vacation with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo