Saturday, July 6, 2019

A Casual Summer





We've been chugging along here at Priem Central.

Mostly the human family members have been chugging along;
the feline family members have been lazing and being cute.




Look at these fuzzy little paws!


Claude likes to bury her face in my hand (and I don't mind!)


She's getting elderly, and when cats get older, they sometimes "forget"
the house rules.  She's been sleeping on the kitchen table, the dining room table,
and the kitchen counter.  We keep getting her down, only to find her back up there as soon as we leave the room. I put this nice soft blanket on the bench by the kitchen window, and she seems to appreciate it enough that she is choosing to sleep there . . . at least SOME of the time.


While I was doing my arm exercises the other day, Allistair crawled in my lap,
making his Momma very happy.  That foot there is not very happy, though; that's the recovering foot,
and it doesn't like to be at that angle very long yet.  I'm supposed to stretch it like that, but not too long.  After I was done with the arm exercises, I grabbed a book, but I had to move
for the sake of the ankle.  Allistair is a sweet sweet cuddle boy!





Stephen has been extremely relaxed.
He was always very anxious, even from his kittenhood days, until about six months ago, when I decided to try hemp oil.  Since then, he's been very relaxed and chill and even cuddly!


He seems much happier and playful.



There's been a lot of natural wonder lately.
I went out in the evening to water the trees, and the sun had set for most of the yard, but it was still shining in the treetops!


My dear friend Cindy brought me a pot of small succulents,
and the one in the lower right grew weird tentacles on the tip!
I'm slightly afraid of it now.


Our neighbor, Jordan (from across the street), brought us some zucchini!
He said the one on the left in the photo isn't edible; if they get too big, they get woody and not tasty.  But we got those smaller ones!


 Jordan likes to grow HOT things for Greg.
He said he wants to make Greg cry because of a hot pepper Jordan grew.
What a friend!

Here are some ghost peppers and scorpion peppers.


I made spicy hummus with some of them.
I made spicy spaghetti sauce with some of them.
I made spicy shredded chicken with some of them.
Greg did cry when he ate a piece of scorpion pepper raw.


I got revved up and revamped my recipe books because my one binder was messy and all filled up so there was no place for new recipes.  I decided the desserts needed their own binder.
The pictures on the front of the binders are food I made!


 I have been working on finding a way to wear this adorable denim dress that I like. I don't like to wear sleeveless things, but I LOVE this dress.  It's almost exactly like the dress I wore for my college graduation.  But now I don't do sleeveless (though I have been doing upper arm exercises and they're working!)  I tried the dress on with a mesh sort of long-sleeved shirt, and the neckline was wrong and it looked weird.  But I really like this animal-print shirt underneath!  I have a similar one that's wine-colored, and I think that would look nice, too.
dress from GAP


I had not been shopping (outside of groceries) for awhile,
so a trip to Target was kinda fun the other day.
blouse: A New Day (Target)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
shoes, bag: Target
camisole JKY by Jockey (Target)

I like to play around in the mirror section.


All I ended up buying was socks. 

I've been making good progress digitizing the Chirp Curriculum lessons one by one,
and I LOVE the new illustrations my friend Jihae has created!
My newest student was reading the lesson last week and it warmed my heart to know another child is learning about God's love for him through the work we've done!


Have a wonderful weekend!



BONUS:
One of my students was all excited to bring these glasses to me.
He said he switched them out three times because he wanted them to be right.
He told me they were for drinking wine or other drinks with my husband.
Blue is my favorite color!
My students are the best.
(p.s. his Mom was right there, so I know he didn't steal the glasses).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo