Friday, July 26, 2019

California - Day 2




Most mornings were cloudy and cool.
There were still surfers out enjoying the waves,
and it didn't stop us from getting in the water . . . 
though we did have mostly SLOW mornings.



Greg woke up with a cold and had a scratchy voice, so
Jillian and I made him some tea.  Jillian contributed the chai
and I heated the water.


The girlies don't sleep in late, so they were up playing (and cuddling)
nice and early.  There was a lot of room to roam, though, and a sandy backyard with the ocean right there, so it was still pretty fun for them.  They do prefer a schedule of some kind, but they did GREAT with being more laissez-faire than normal.





The house was BIG and well-equipped.
The sun room was probably my favorite part.
Look at that view!


There was the main level where we came in from the street.
There was the upper level that the girls claimed as a play area.


There was also a downstairs, where Mark, Jillian, Cora, & Esme lived.

I took my blender along just in case there wasn't one, but it turns out I only took the top part!
It was good that this really nice blender was stocked at the house.
I was able to make smoothies for breakfast to get at least some greens in 
(plus all the other good stuff in there)!

ice
2 bananas
frozen cherries
1 T flax seed, ground
1-2 cups chocolate almond milk
all the greens I can stuff into the blender
(when I'm at home, I add 1 T chia seeds, 1/2 T amla powder, 
frozen blueberries, frozen cranberries)






The girls made cities and towers and moats and rivers.


Then we got ready to go to the beach!
dress: Target
suit: Macy's
sunscreen: Mychelle & Australian Gold


Warning: this is the last time you'll see this hat . . . 
the ocean stole it!


We eventually got down to the beach and started playing in the water!











Even Greg got in the water!
Being in the ocean and having my dude with me made my heart feel 
very very happy.
Unfortunately, on one of his longer runs, the ocean stole his glasses!
Thankfully, they were 3-4 years old . . . 


We looked a long time, walking back and forth, but they did not show up.

After playing in the water,
we came home to take nice warm showers and get in comfy clothes for dinner.
`




I had some hot chocolate almond milk and enjoyed the view.


After dinner, Greg and I went out to see if there were any cheapie glasses available for near-sighted people.  I also needed a hat, since my pink one was also stolen by the waves!

It was humid and I was sweaty within a few minutes.
But I loved this outfit!


I did find a hat!
(Turns out it was too light to withstand even a tiny little breeze,
so I had to get a different baseball style hat later!)


When we got home, the breeze through the house was chilly,
so I put on jammies!
top & pants: Target (pajama set)
fleece: Old Navy
And I looked forward to the next day in the sun and water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo