Sunday, July 14, 2019

Summer Uniform




I have mentioned before that I have a few uniforms
throughout the year that help me get dressed quickly and with very little fuss,
while still having a fun wardrobe full of variety.

My favorite uniform for the past few years has been a knee-length a-line skirt with a top and ballet flats.  It's great for summer because it's EASY and cool.  I prefer flowy tops rather than stiff fabrics, which means they don't cling to the skin or get all damp when I get in the hot car.  Most of my tops have sleeves with tabs so I can roll them up into short-sleeved tops when necessary, so it's like I have a jacket built right into my top!

This summer, thanks to the ankle fracture, I will be changing up the shoes a bit for days where I'll be doing a lot of walking.  I'm wearing the Sketchers sandals around the house to see if they'll work (so far there's a little chafing on my left big toe), but I really like how they look and they're cushy!  The cute sneakers haven't arrived yet, but I look forward to trying them out!


Above: top from Beall's


Here are a few examples of outfits fitting this uniform pattern:
top: again from Beall's
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)

top: Ross
skirt: Rekucci
shoes: Bandolino (Amazon - color no longer available)

I love those sleeves, and blue always looks nice in warmer weather.


t-shirt: Amazon (it says "herbivore")
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon) - of course!
bag: Target

Here's a very similar outfit; it's just a different t-shirt.
I wore this on vacation in Minnesota.
It was a hot, outside sort of day.
t-shirt: Amazon
skirt: I think you already know!

Of course, we all need some summer accessories!
top: Ross
hat: Macy's
sunglasses: (prescription, frame from DKNY)


 Here's my lounging by the water outfit:
t-shirt: Target (Minnesota pride!)
shorts: Ross
bandana (in hair): Target

Do you have a summer uniform?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo