Monday, March 4, 2019

A Delightful Rainy Day




I started out this CHILLY rainy day with a nice run.
I'm happy with how quickly I've been able to get back into running.
This one was about two miles.
IN THE RAIN!






After that, I picked up my Mom (in the rain!)  and we went to Macy's.



Here's what I was wearing.
I LOVE this top, but I don't like the pants.
They do a weird bunchy thing around the hips.
They are headed to the consignment shop.



I needed the cardigan, too, because it was WINDY
and only about 54 for a high.




I saw these pants, and this color attracted me immediately.
This bubblegum pink is one of my favorite accent colors.
The other ones are sky blue, lapis blue, and pine green.

I didn't buy these pants (or try them on) because they didn't have my size.
But I took this photo, came home, and investigated further online!

I liked this sweatshirt and these moto jeans (with interesting seaming).
I have enough jeans (and I don't love them anyway)
and the sweatshirt was still expensive, so
neither came home with me.


My Mom found some jeans that hopefully will work well for her.

We tired out kind of quickly.
I think we were both fighting some sort of virus.


There she goes around the corner in her raincoat!


It was a lovely rainy evening.


Wanda (Allistair's favorite toy) was waiting for me on the couch
when I got home.


It didn't take long before I was cuddled up with some lovely cats.


There was a LOT of rain all through the night and I slept great, knowing
the world was cold and wet, but I and my little family were warm and dry and safe.


The next day, we got more hail - right in Chandler!
This is what I experienced on the way to the post office.


Have I told you about my favorite pasta?

This is it.


And I found it at Sprout's suddenly (when they've never carried it before!)
for $.99!!!  When I buy it on Amazon, it's about $5/box.

Here's one of the meals I made with it.

Mushroom alfredo with lentil rotini, a big salad, and potato wedges.


It was the first time I made this recipe, and I will make it again!


I've enjoyed making waffles with my new waffle maker I got for Christmas.
It's my favorite to eat them with berries or a banana (and jam or maple syrup).


After the rain was finished, the cats were very excited to see the sun!


Juvy's belly was especially excited about the sun.



Rain for us in the winter, usually means SNOW in the northern mountains.
This snow on Four Peaks and in the Superstition Mountains was incredibly unique.

I have never seen this much snow this close to the Valley before.

It was glorious driving to church on Sunday and looking at those 
snow-covered mountains.  


On a less awe-inspiring note, Allistair decided to droop as his brother Stephen does.



He was also happy to "do yoga" with me.





But he has to stay cozy!



And here's a recent outfit - a blurry one.
jeans: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
socks & shoes & camisole & bag: Target
top: Charter Club (Macy's)

My friend Kristi and I were eating at Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert
a few months back when Arizona PBS was filming there.
It turns out we were on the show!
We're about 10-15 minute in.

This is as much of me as you'll see (the back of my head!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo