Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Thrifting With My Mom




Hooray!  My Mom and I went searching for a new coffee table!
I love shopping with my Mom for ANYTHING.
She has some secret shopping powers that lead to unique
deals and opportunities.  I always find better things when I'm with her.
Are there shopping witches?  Shopping fairies?


We started at this FABULOUS secondhand place 3 miles from my house.
It's so close that I take it for granted, but it really is jaw-droppingly good.




There are interesting things EVERYWHERE.


We considered this as a coffee table.


This is the one that won Greg's heart and it won mine, too.


Look at that gorgeous blue stripe!



Raw edge remains:


This dresser/sideboard also won my heart.
I want to use it as our new entertainment center when we get a new flatscreen TV.
Greg isn't so sure.  We haven't purchased it.  I hope it lingers so we can purchase it later,
but if it doesn't, there will probably be something else great when we're ready.


Look at this lady's bosoms.  Ha!


This quail on a cactus would be a great gift.
It reminds me of the cactus and coyote my uncle Ron made for me.


I found this basket ($15!) and Allistair approved.



We LOVE our new coffee table!







I also bought this wooden salt & pepper set.
It makes me HAPPY every time I look at them!


They remind me of an apple (just like this one only bigger!) ice bin
my Mom & Dad had when I was growing up.



It makes me happy that Greg has a special connection to the table.
It's not just something I picked that does the job; it's something he had an opinion
about that makes him happy and proud.


When I got home, Wanda (Allistair's whale toy) and Juvy's mousie were waiting
on the bed for me.  They put their toys where they wish I were.
It's THE CUTEST THING.



Join us on our adventure!




 I finally hung the new mirror I got for Christmas!
You can see Walter (our wicker whale) and Allistair
in the reflection if you look carefully.





I am potentially looking for a special small something(s) - 
I know what I'm looking for! - to hang to the left of the mirror.


Claude approves of the table and the mirror.



Hope you enjoyed that shopping trip with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo