Saturday, January 25, 2020

Sedona, Day 2: Conference



Yay!
It is VegFest day!!!

The lecture I was most anticipating was 
Dr Michael Greger's talk at 9 am on Saturday.  


Here's what I wore.
blouse: A New Day (Target)
sweater: A New Day (Target)
pants: INC International Concepts
shoes & socks: Target

The location was beautiful.
The venue was the Sedona Performing Arts Center,
which is also the auditorium for the high school.


I saw this majestic hawk swooping around the grounds as I was walking in.
It was 32 degrees when I left the hotel - brr!


There were also hot air balloons enjoying the beauty of the sun rising
over the red rocks.



Here's the schedule of events:



The view from the venue is fabulous!



The flower arrangements were pretty, AND they had bell peppers in them!
Very inventive!




I ran into Sara and her Mom!  Hi, Sara!


And then Dr Greger spoke - hooray!



As they were introducing him, he was standing off to the side, drinking
a hot beverage.  I wanted to ask if it was hot hibiscus tea (he talks a LOT
about the health benefits of hibiscus tea!)


There's itty bitty Michael Greger!
Looks like it's from a similar age to the elementary school photos I have,
and indeed, Dr Greger is two years and one day older than I am.


Top 15 causes of death . . . 



And I got to meet him!



I thanked him for his work, which has been a major influence on my health adventure.
Because of THIS VIDEO of his, I decided that trying a plant-based diet was worth a try.
Because of that shift (and other lifestyle changes, but mostly diet), though I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease over 7 years ago, I haven't needed to take medications for it.
I'm not always in perfect shape, but who is?
I'm healthier than I ever have been as an adult, my stamina has been increasing,
and I feel good about living in a compassionate way, causing as little harm as possible.





Get his second book, "How Not To Diet," here.



It was worth the wait just to say THANK YOU in person.


I went back to the hotel for lunch and ate on my patio,
though I got too chilly and needed to go back inside after a little while.


I had a smoothie, a gluten-free bun, and cashew cheese with rice crackers.


During the afternoon break, I discovered that the road past the school
led right to this pretty view!  There wasn't a place to walk, so poked around more behind the school.


I found this trail back there!
(Spoiler: I hiked it the following day!)


After I was finished at the conference, I went to Chipotle.


It's a gorgeous location!


I went back to hotel afterwards and enjoyed the fire,
the views, and some Netflix and reading.

Oh, and the wristband for the first day was neon green.



What a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo