Thursday, January 23, 2020

To Sedona!



I went to Sedona this past weekend for their annual VegFest,
and it was exciting because
1.) I got to go somewhere beautiful
2.) I got to drive with Clarabelle, my new car, through the mountains
3.) I got to sing along to loud music all by myself in the car
4.) I got to go to my first VegFest (a conference for vegans and the veg-curious)
5.  I got to meet my nutrition hero, Dr Michael Greger!
+ lots more reasons.


My dear friend Cindy and I had planned to go together,
but she sadly got a terrible flu the day before we were supposed to leave,
so I went alone.

I didn't feel lonely, though, thanks to the miracle of technology.
I kept Greg, my family, and my friends updated via photos.
Plus, I kind of like being alone.

Heading out!



At Sunset Point, the rest stop where almost everyone stops.




It's beautiful.


And I guess it's dangerous, but I've been there loads of times
and I've never seen any poisonous snakes or insects there.


I can see the red mountains in the distance!


I made it to the hotel just fine!





I'm pointing to the snow on the mountains.  Can you see it?


All the dirt and rocks are red.


My room was very cute.
wearing -
sweater: Time & Tru (WalMart)
leggings: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
boots: Rocket Dog (Amazon)


 The head board looked like a mountain range,
and it had a light-up moon (switch on the side).


The view was very pretty.







There's Clarabelle down there!
She's wonderful to drive.
She grips the road and corners well and is extremely comfortable.
Not much wind noise, either, even when I'm going 75.
And SHE'S VERY CUTE!


Here's my little fridge.  It would have been even better with a microwave,
but I did just fine without one.



I used to be a huge fan of Picazzo's, a restaurant that has lots of vegan 
and gluten-free options (also pretty views).  




Cool art, too!


I got a gluten-free cauliflower crust pizza.



It was okay, but it was definitely not my favorite AND it was extremely,
 unreasonably expensive.  That's why only two toppings.




Then I decided to do a little browsing.
I went to Goodwill.


I considered buying this rattan mirror
and I kind of wish I had.
pink faux-leather peplum jacket: Maison Jules (Macy's)


I also went to Beall's, which was right next door!

I bought this puffer jacket: 


A pretty and happy heart sweater: 




A black and white marled tunic sweater (extra soft):




And a cranberry and white marled tunic sweater!



Look at that cool pattern!
These will be great for the rainy, chilly days
we sometimes get in January.



Then I went to get some dinner supplies
and snacks.


I assume these are left-over Christmas decorations.




I was feeling spunky still (praise God!)
so I went for a run on the treadmill in the "exercise room".
Probably this room used to be a utility closet.
But I was grateful for it because I didn't feel safe ankle-wise
running in the dark. 


Then it was back to my cozy little room!
I turned the fire on and watched Netflix on the laptop until
it was time to go to sleep.  LOVELY.


Here's what I ate:
carrots & cucumbers
a little salad
crackers & cashew cheese (my new favorite spread!)


 I had a wonderful shower and got cozy in my jammies.





The night table looked like it had agates embedded in the wood.



It was crazy and great to watch the sun set on the red mountains right from bed!




More Sedona coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo