Friday, January 31, 2020

Sedona, Day 3: More Conference & Home



Life around here has been full enough that
I haven't even gotten through all the exciting adventures in Sedona
(nor have I fully shared the fun from our trip to Minnesota 
IN NOVEMBER) and I have taken another trip
to a new place that I need to also share.

But first let's finish the Sedona trip.
There was one more day of the conference, so I was attending most of that
and then heading home.  But I decided I needed to get some more outside
time before leaving beautiful Sedona.

Here's what I wore for the day:
blouse: Beall's
sweater: Ross
pants: Inc International Concepts (Macy's)
shoes & socks: Target


I love the bow print on this top
and the texture is really cool, too.  Almost purposefully
wrinkly, but also somehow smooth.


My shoes were still reddish from the hike earlier in the trip!



The band for the second day was purple.



I was excited to hear Dr. Doug Lisle's presentation on 
the Pleasure Trap.
It's a fascinating concept he and his co-author, Dr Alan Goldhammer, explain in this book.

You can hear Dr Lisle talk about it in this video.

He has updated his talk since then and it's even better.

The drawings are great, too, as you can tell.


Here's a shark, doing what sharks do
as an example of the motivational triad.



After I was finished at the conference,
I decided to follow the trail I had discovered the day before
that snaked around behind the conference venue.
I decided to hike the Scorpion trail.
I did not see any scorpions.



It was glorious.
I had a wonderful view of the red rocks the whole time
and the weather was perfect.











My sunglasses are prescription and polarized, so when I hold the camera sideways,
I can't see the screen at all.  I have to peek over the top of my glasses to see where
the button is!





I felt deeply content and grateful
to be able to lead this wonderful life.




I hiked in for 30 minutes and out for 30 minutes.
It didn't seem like enough, but I was excited to be back with my
precious little family.




Don't be a statistic!
Are you prepared to rescue yourself?







Then I hopped in Clarabelle and we headed back down towards the Valley again.

I stopped at Sunset Point, of course, to use the facilities and take pictures.




It was very windy.


And then I made it home!
Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo