Saturday, June 12, 2021

California: Day 4


I started out Friday with another delicious smoothie - this time on the balcony, watching the ocean!
My vacation smoothie is simpler because I don't add any magic powders.  On vacation it's a vehicle for GREENS!  I put in 1-2 bananas, berries (usually blueberries or cherries), plant-based milk, and as many greens as I can squeeze into the blender!  After I blend it a bit, I tamp it all down, add more greens, and blend again!  Yum and lots of delicious nutrition!

I got some more ice from downstairs because our room didn't have a full-size fridge, so I used the coolers to keep some of the food properly chilled.


On Friday, we explored a bit farther from our home base because my eyeliner ran out - oh no!  I also wanted to try to pick up an insulated grocery bag (mine is falling apart) and see what the local Whole Foods had to offer.  

I was wearing this . . . 
jeans: Style & Co (Macy's)
top: Tommy Hilfiger (Macy's)
hoodie: WalMart
bag: Scarleton (Amazon)
sandals: Sketchers Bob's For Dogs (Amazon)
mask: Etsy


We started looking for eyeliner at Target, but we got distracted by all the pretty things!


We were happy - Target often has that effect, and so does being together.


I tried on a cute dress, but I didn't like how it fit.  The fitting room was nice, though!
I love wearing ankle-length pants with sandals!


There was construction happening.


Cindy noticed a Ross nearby, so we headed over there!






Cindy found tons of great things!  It's been a long time since she shopped in an actual store and she had a lot of fun!





There we are!


Cindy put one of her new pairs of sandals on right away!


I expected it to be HOT every time we left a building (because it's horribly hot at home right now), but it was cool and lovely.


We stopped by Plant Power Fast Food for lunch, since we were out.
It's beautiful there.  It used to be a gas station, but the area where the pumps used to be is now the eating area, and it's surrounded by flowering plants, bees, and butterflies.  It's like Eden!













Cindy tried a faux-fish patty burger.  The texture and taste were so good that they surprised her.


I got the classic burger with gluten-free bun + french fries.






I felt very happy.





Next we went to Ulta for the eyeliner we didn't find at Target.


And then we were only a few minutes from the Sea Hive, one of my favorite vintage shops (it sells modern stuff, too).


I enjoy poking in all the corners and investigating.





I purchased a wicker seashell!


I like this yoga cat!


We took a quick drive by the cute yellow house where Greg & I stayed with my family two years ago (I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEEN THAT LONG!)  It brought back happy memories.


After a little rest/nap, we headed to the beach!

This weird Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey flew around sometimes and it was LOUD.



The ocean makes me happy.


This is a beach wheelchair - it is easier to push in the sand.


When we left the beach, the bubble man was at the park!  He blew bubbles for the kids and they weren't ordinary bubbles, but HUGE bubbles and lots of bubbles.  We could often see them drift by our motel room door, which was magical!



That evening we went to a movie at the old run-down movie theater in town.







It was no doubt very fancy at some point.



I was pretty tired, but I stayed awake through the whole thing!
We saw "The Big Lebowski," which I liked more than I expected to like it.



 

That was the end of our wonderful Friday!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo