Thursday, June 10, 2021

California: Day 3


After breakfast (a smoothie in my neat little bullet blender!),


we again started out a beautiful cool morning with a walk around town.  We were hoping to check out the book store, but it was closed for the week we were there.  That's okay - we brought books with us!  I didn't end up reading as much as I often do on vacation, but I still finished these two books . . . 





"How To Mars"


I also took this one along because I like to browse through the pretty pictures:

I wore this for our exploring:

black denim jacket: Target
polka-dot blouse: Charter Club (Macy's)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
bag: Scarleton (Amazon)
sandals: Sketchers Bob's For Dogs (Amazon)
necklace: gold heart with diamond from my parents many years ago

We walked south along the coast.

The buildings were colorful.


They were also creative!

I crouched down to try to make it look like my face
had a huge metal moustache on it, but it didn't really work!


The trees were given some extra personality, too.




We popped into anoter secondhand store, but didn't buy anything.  


There were sunglasses that would protect ALL THREE eyes
(including your third eye in the middle of your forehead - no comment on whether that exists!)


We walked to the Swami's Self-Realization Temple.  I think it's a kind of gathering place, maybe for meditation retreats or something.  There's a beach named after the Swami, too!  We visited that later in our trip.


We looked at the ocean from lots of different spots on the bluffs.


The east-west streets have letter names like I, J, K.  




We saw fantastic garden wall bricks shaped like fish scales! 


Natal Plum, Sea Lavender, and the beautiful ocean:







This path led through a fancy condo complex where each condo had oceanfront views.  The bottom floors had patios right on the ocean.  Though it's private property, they allow access to the ocean path for everyone, and it was fun to walk through it.




Google Photos made me a cute collage:



This is a Natal Plum plant.  Supposedly the plums are edible when they're ripe (which they didn't seem to be while we were there):


Each overlook had warnings about the danger of the bluffs:



I stayed behind the fences to enjoy the views.



I didn't stop being excited by the ocean!





Me with my dear friend:




Pride Of Madeira:


We walked and walked (lovely in that weather with the ocean right there!), and we came upon this mysterious fortress-like house right on the bluffs.  It was fenced off with lots of signs about danger and not entering.  Cindy thinks that somehow the ground on this property got poisoned and it's not safe to inhabit.




There we are!


Aren't these bike rack/sculptures cute?


The ocean with palm trees:


We needed a bit of rest after all that walking:




Later, of course, we went back to the beach for some time in the water.

I like watching the funny seagulls:







We did more walking to the grocery store in the evening.  I wore this.
hoodie: Hanes (WalMart)
top: Charter Club (Macy's)
jeans: Inc International Concepts (Macy's)
bag: Scarleton (Amazon)


We decided to sit on the beach and enjoy the chilly breeze and the ocean sounds after everyone had gone home for the day.  




We got VERY chilly and were happy to cuddle in our beds and watch some Netflix on my laptop.


I wanted something hot to drink (this is fairly unlike me), so I mixed some hot hazelnut milk with powdered chocolate peanut butter.  It wasn't bad, but it was unsweetened powder, so I needed some sugar.


Good night!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo