Haven't been feeling great this week and it gets really discouraging.
Don't worry, I'm not here to be sad, though;
here are 13 things that made me smile this week!
1. Crazy Arizona plant
Saw this amazing agave outside Target. . .
Mom was amazed, too!
2. Sleeping Juvy on my lap
3. A super cute new outfit!
(and Mom in the background)
|dress: Calvin Klein|
bag: Betsey Johnson
4. All the beautiful scarves on offer at TJ Maxx
It looks like a painting!
5. This gorgeous, silly, upside-down bird
On Monday, this Gila Woodpecker came to our feeder.
We don't have a huge number of them in our neighborhood, so this was an exciting event.
6. New purchase this week: Betsey Johnson wallet
bought from Ross for $16.99, original price $58!
Ooo! Shiny gold inside!!!
7. Cartoon advertising for fruit? Yes, please!
8. Sunshine, blue skies, and palm trees!
9. Non-GMO corn starch
(and only $1.99 at Target).
Corn is the most highly genetically modified food so far,
so I was extra keen to find a safer version and I did!
10. Successful new recipe
I used it to make this lovely sweet and sour chicken.
Though the broccoli wasn't probably such a great idea.
For my parents' SuperBowl shindig,
my job was to make a turkey.
Greg's Mom's recipe seemed simple and very tasty, so I tried it.
I had to call to make sure I had all the details.
I also borrowed her pan.
11. The turkey came out great!!!
Greg carved it up.
I found the wishbone
And we had a nice big container of turkey for sandwiches!
12. Stephen brought me this umbrella cover as if it were prey!
13. Dad and Greg playing foosball.
I hope your week has been excellent and that you're feeling spunkier than I am!