Thursday, May 30, 2019

Summer Restoration

Unfortunately, while I've been down with the ankle injury,
I also got a flu virus.

It's been nice to look out into our backyard and see NATURE!


We have a Verdin pair in the backyard!
At least we DID . . . 

The nest fell down once.
And no wonder; it was just hooked on to the side of a spiky cactus!


They tried again!


It fell down again.


I picked it up and wedged it into a V of the cactus:

And there are two little blue jelly-bean-sized eggs in it
that I don't think were there before!
One egg has a crack in it and there's no baby bird, so
I'm suspicious that the eggs aren't good.


Can you see them?


We have a Verdin nest in the front Sweet Acacia tree, too
(we do every year),


This little birdie didn't make it, either.
He was a mourning dove.


Our Chinese Elm trees are now about 20 years old, and their trunks and
bark are getting more interesting all the time.





 


And our cute little cactus has bloomed twice!








Happily, I got to see a new birdie visitor!
This is a Western Tanager, if I'm correct.


Isn't he beautiful?!




I also saw what I think was this pygmy nuthatch.
I haven't seen him again, but I keep looking!



The red yucca in the front yard are blooming, too.
The Verdin and hummingbirds love these!




Here's a hummingbird!


Our neighbor had his driveway blocked off the other day
with a sign that said, "DANGER: BEES!"
I saw the bees amassing near the corner of the garage door
for a little while, but then they were gone.
I didn't see a removal service come, so I'm not sure what happened to them.


My dear friend Cindy brought over this adorable little
hedgehog with wheat grass growing in it.
Our cats LOVE it!
Especially Claude.









Such a beautiful girl!




Allistair & Stephen:


Juvy:


Juvy & Stephen (watching birdies):


 Allistair:



Big-eyes Stephen:


Allistair:





I've been transitioning out of the knee-high boot - yay! but ouch, too.
Here are a couple of big-boot outfits.

On a chlly day:
top: Charter Club (Macy's)
leggings: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
shoe: Tretorn (Amazon)

I decided to try some wide-leg jeans.
top: Charter Club (Macy's)
jeans: JAG (Amazon)

I think I like them.
They're very comfy and I think they'll be nice to have for
creating outfits with different silhouettes. 


Even as I'm working back to ankle health, I'm still weak.
Check out the left leg muscle tone versus the right leg.
:(
It's still pretty swollen, too.


Here's the small boot.



If I'm going to walk a lot, I still need the support in the big boot.
top: Charter Club (Macy's)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
shoe: Kenneth Cole (Amazon)

When I finally was able to run errands this week
(I got the flu last week - poo!),
I went with my friend Cindy.
It was helpful to have "support staff" with me - ha!

I found these adorable travel drinking glasses - in the shape of cacti!
Aren't they adorable?!


I've managed to eat fairly well in spite of the virus.
I've made big batches of stuff that I can throw together
and let simmer.

Potato corn chowder
Lentil rotini
Mushroom stroganoff


Garbanzo bean brownies - YUM!
This was the first time I tried this recipe and I think I'm going to make
another batch tonight!


I've been watching "Father Brown" on Netflix,
snuggling cats,
and drinking a lot of sparkling water and tea.

That's my continued healing plan.
I'll keep you informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo