Monday, September 9, 2019

What I'm Wearing During Recovery

top: Lucky Brand (TJ Maxx)
camisole: JKY by Jockey (Target)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)


You'd think wearing a huge boot and using a wheelie cart would affect
my daily clothing a lot, but it honestly hasn't.  
It's nice that it's the time of year where I wouldn't be wearing lots of pants or jeans
because it's too hot.

I'm mostly able to continue with my summer uniform:
cute top
+
a-line skirt
without interruption, barring the shoes.

I feel better with some jewelry on, too.
Nothing major, just my regular everyday jewelry.
It makes me feel prettier.  Like I'm decorated and dainty.

top: Charter Club (Macy's)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)

The knee cart is a wonderful and eye-catching accessory!



Dresses work well, too.
dress: Target
hair bow: J Crew Factory

This is the best photo I got of this outfit . .  
it's a skirt and a t-shirt that has a drawing of a pig, a chicken, and a cow.
It says "friends, not food".
 


It's been helpful to expend the energy to get dressed in a reasonable outfit,
fix my hair, put some make-up on . . . just generally to spiff myself up a bit.
I have shortcuts for those days where I feel extra draggy.

I should also mention pajamas: the chemise style works best,
since it goes on and off over the head rather than over the foot.

My parents gave me a cute new pair of pajamas (the pants kind) as a gift 
that I haven't been able to wear yet - I'm looking forward to the day when I can!
They will be like a graduation from the boot present.

Healing continues to progress slowly.
It's still hot here, but I'm getting antsy to be outside.
Next week we're expecting lows in the 70s!!!
My body is yelling at me two conflicting things: 
"GO FOR A RUN!"
and
"Sitting here on the couch is nice."

I hope you are able to enjoy some beautiful outdoor time
AND
some nice couch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo