Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Birthday!




I have been disinclined to write up what's been going on because
other than my birthday and continued ankle healing,
there hasn't been much.


The cats are still cute, that's for sure!


My sweet husband bought me birthday flowers -
this one fell off when I was putting them in a vase.


We went for a short walk (I should have worn the ankle brace but I didn't - oops!)
and saw these pumpkins.  This is what happens to pumpkins in the Arizona desert.
There is no time of year where pumpkins will last more than a day outside.


Then we came home, I put my feet up,
and I opened presents!

Greg got me lots of books and music (yay!)



He bought me a good number of theology books (insert thumbs-up sign here!)




My parents bought me a bunch of cool stuff - mostly house things
like thiis beautiful pot holder and oven mitt.


They also sent this beautiful starburst photo frame.
I'm going to put in a picture of Greg & me from our trip to California.


Greg's Dad and Step-Mom sent me a very cool pink yoga kit.
I've never had a yoga block or a yoga strap before, so this is definitely an upgrade!


And it all fits in this cool zippered carrying bag!


Another cool thing from my parents was this heating/cooling bag filled with yummy lavender.
It smells lovely and will be nice for cold tootsies or achy parts.


They also got me a BLUE knife set!


And some little silicone cupcake liners (reuseable!)


And (they're very generous) some blue hand soap dispensers.
Such a pretty color!




Mark and Jillian (and Cora & Esme) got me some cool stuff, too.
This Arizona cutting board is one really neat-o thing:



This little turquoise cactus vase is on the bookshelf in the bedroom
where I can look at it all the time.


I like it.


They also bought me this Pale Waves CD (which I very much like).




THANK YOU to everyone who made me feel special and loved.


Outside of my birthday, here are some interesting things that
have been happening.

Greg went to an axe throwing event.
He was quite good at it.
Here he is with friends Scott and Anthony.

I bought some boots.








I bought a dress (Target):


It has gotten quite chilly
(today it's rainy and only 68!)


I've been eating a lot of black bean and rice burgers
(in fact, I think I should make more tonight!)



Cora carved a pumpkin with Grandpa.





She gave it freckles!



Esme dressed up as a leopard for Halloween:


Here she is at her school parade:

And Cora was Elsa.



My Mom got to see her favorite small people on her
BIRTHDAY!
Happy birthday to the best Mom!!!



Greg gave out candy dressed like Slash from Guns -n- Roses:


I've done lots of cat snuggling
(can you count THREE?)


I made pumpkin muffins and potato corn chowder for a get-together
with a couple of friends.



And the lovebirds were back at the feeder!



It has been fun and fairly interesting after all!
xo

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment! xo