Monday, July 11, 2022

Cindy's Visit - Part I

 Hooray!


Cindy came to visit!!!

She arrived on a Tuesday evening and I was very very happy!  We hadn't seen each other for slightly over a year.  Before she arrived, I cooked up a bunch of meals and snacks so we would have nummy food.  I made

chili macaroni
potato wedges
tacos
chocolate chip cookies
and I had spring roll stuff ready to make them when we wanted.

And we did want, but not until the next day.  She arrived in the evening so we chatted, but went to bed pretty soon afterwards.

I usually put in carrots, red cabbage, bell peppers, and greens of some kind (usually spring greens).



Cindy wanted to watch and help!  We are a great cooking team.






The next day, we went to Stillwater to browse the cute vintage shops!  We certainly found them!



We might be antiques by now, too!



Herbert:



And Dolly:


This place was FUN to browse!



The buildings of the town are interesting and adorable!



I'm looking for a dresser for our bedroom (in between the closet door and the bathroom door) and this one is right up my alley.  Isn't it cute?



Love these interesting shops.



I loved this crazy floral hat!  It even matched my outfit.



While were were having some beverages, we walked across the lift bridge to Wisconsin.









I can't stay out of the water! 



The St Croix river was high!







The next day, we browsed at Target.
Greg and I were considering blackout curtains for our bedroom, and I found these cream ones with little blue flecks and love them!






I also found these blue velvet pillows that were priced well.  I needed some new throw pillows because most of ours were pretty elderly.




While Cindy and I were talking about how I wanted to arrange the area behind the couch in the main living room, I realized I wanted a HUGE mirror there.  I had in mind the mirror I saw when my Mom and I were browsing furniture stores and found the huge cathedral mirror.  Cindy and I looked at At Home, Target, and HomeGoods.  Everything we saw was more expensive the mirror I saw with my Mom and was less beautiful, too.  Cindy told me to call the store to see if was still there.  I hesitated because it had been at least a month, and I figured that of course someone would have snapped it up. . . but when I called, they said they still had it!  Cindy and I went in the next day and I bought it!

We took Cindy's Nissan Rogue because it's bigger than Clarabelle (my Nissan Kicks).  The guy on the right saw Cindy's Wyoming license plate and told her he used to cowboy in Wyoming.  Well, Cindy's step-father was at one point 3rd in the world in rodeo stuff, and this guy knew of him, so they had a chat about Wyoming and cowboy things; it was cute.


The mirror fit in the car after we moved the seats way forward!



Here it is in our house!



After we picked up the mirror, we decided to visit HomeGoods and saw this beautiful coffee table that I decided was perfect for our secondary seating area.  We put some pillows and a sleeping bag on top of the mirror and put the table upside down on top of that - everything got home safely!



Wrappings off!



Allistair approves of the new coffee table.



When we got home, Cindy looked out the window and saw these two fawns!




And Allistair was waiting on top of the kitchen cabinets!


We were happy and satisfied with our exploits over the first days and we were ready for the next fun adventure!



That night we had pizza together and watched Doctor Who!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo