Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Let's Talk About The Heat


Whew!  I took this a few minutes ago, and I think that's as hot as it's going to get today
because the temperature is on the way down (at least for now).

A private Amazon delivery man delivered a book to me this afternoon and his scanner wasn't working properly, he said because of the heat.  He told me that many of the private Amazon delivery drivers refused to deliver today.  I understand why!  I told him to be careful and turn his a/c up high in his car, and he said it wasn't working . . . (!!!) I asked if he needed water and if he'd be okay, but he said he's part gecko or lizard and would be fine.  
Juildeen's uncle (in his 30s) died from heat-related kidney damage, and we know another person whose kidneys shut down from a short stint in extra hot weather (thankfully his started up again).


Can you see the two hummingbirds and one dove in the fountain?


If you look in the roof rafters, you'll see three hummingbirds waiting out the heat.
There was one more in the fountain.


I'm doing the best I can to provide a creature-friendly backyard desert paradise.
Red yucca, birdseed, water fountain, trees, cacti . . . 
I hope these little guys do okay.
I'm pleased that we have FOUR of them choosing Casita Priem!

One good thing about the increased fatigue I've been having lately is that I haven't gone out much in the heat.  In fact, I've been doing a lot of this . . . 


It's been a bummer to have to curtail things again for a bit, but it seems to be lifting slightly the past day or two.  At my most recent visit with my doctor, she said that my thyroid numbers are within the normal range now.  That's great news!  In fact, I have needed to decrease the does of one of the thyroid replacement medications I take because I was having a rapid heartbeat and some other side effects of too much.  I'm nervous to decrease it because I'm still not completely well, but my doctor says my current difficulties are likely caused by something else.
It's disturbing that I'm still not feeling wonderfully healthy and well.  The doctor wrote a lab request for some additional blood tests in a month or so to check on my thyroid AND to check on possible additional auto-immune things.  Grr.

I did have to go out yesterday to get groceries, and I decided to make it a quick morning trip pre-shower.  I put on the same clothes that I wore the day before, since they were going to get all sweaty anyway, and put my hair in a ponytail (happily, the waves lasted just enough to make it interesting).
I little make-up and lip balm and I felt presentable!


Due to the hot weather, I have un-assembled the beautiful patio for the hottest part of the summer.
I brought in the vases and greenery and the pillows and the little gold table.


They look pretty inside, too!

Another thing that's changed recently inside our home is that these beautiful 
bent-wood artworks have been installed!


They are a textural addition to the room and I love seeing them there each day.


I like how each square has two swooping arcs, but put together they make a circle!



I realized I needed a pair of navy flats, and I found one on Amazon!
Look at the pretty flowers on my toes!
I might order the gold pair, too.


I'll leave you with some amazing comforting cats who help me heal and be happy.









I hope you are well.
STAY COOL and safe and I'll do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo