Thursday, July 13, 2017

Summer Outfits & Summer Snuggles


Here's what I'm wearing RIGHT THIS MINUTE!
Top: Karl Lagerfeld (TJ Maxx)
Skirt: Rekuzzi (Amazon)
Bag: Betsy Johnson (Ross)
Shoes: Target

It was a great outfit for playing with kids this morning and I really enjoyed the monochrome look today.  I've mentioned before that I feel monochrome when I'm not feeling especially energetic, but I think it might just be one of those style evolutions happening to me.  I just don't feel like wearing as much color right now. 


On Friday, I had dinner and a little shopping with my friend Jen.
Here's what I wore:

Blouse: Eden & Olivia
Camisole: JKY by Jockey (Target)
Bag: Betsey Johnson (eBay)
Shoes: Target


At one store, I found Bob Ross socks!
Don't worry about anything - it's just a happy little accident!



They also had a Bob Ross Chia Pet!


When we left the mall (where, sadly, a LOT of store fronts were empty!),
it was WINDY and spitting tiny bits of rain.
I tried to get a photo, but the drops were evaporating before they hit the ground.



Here's another item of clothing that didn't work for me.
I LOVE the pattern of this lace blous.


I LOVE the sleeves.


But it's extremely short and boxy, and it didn't look good tucked in OR left out.
I'm sad they didn't alter the design slightly so that it would have been more flattering!
It's from GAP.



Greg and I had a quiet Independence Day.
I made burgers and fruit salad.
My burgers were sweet potato rice burgers and Greg's were beef.


Yum yum!


I made a few online orders from GAP lately.
They just suddenly came to mind when I was trying to find an a-line, button-front denim skirt.
The skirt on the left is from Ann Taylor, and the other three are from GAP.
The floral one has the cutest little print, but it was shaped like a bubble and flared out in a very unflattering way, so I'm returning it.

Here are some outfits I made from those skirts.
I wore this first one on the 4th of July.
It's festively-colored!

Red, white, and blue striped top: Maison Jules (Macy's)
Skirt: Ann Taylor



Isn't the little bow cute?
It needed some ironing.

The next day, I wore this cute little number.
T-shirt: Target
Skirt: GAP
Bag: ABage (Amazon)


Here's another outfit, this one from last Sunday.
Blouse: Target
Skirt: GAP


There I am in the poorly-lit bathroom at church!
Bag: Betsey Johnson (Ross)
shoes: Target


On to the cats portion of this post!

Allistair does NOT like bubbles in my glass!
When he was a kitten, he knocked over countless glasses/cans of bubbly liquids.
Happily, now he just needs to OBSERVE CAREFULLY.


Claude likes lying on my desk right beside the monitor so I can appreciate her beauty while I work.


Stephen likes to show how comfy he is by flipping upside down and squinting his cute little eyes.


Stephen, Juvy, and Allistair liked sleeping in Daddy's clean socks.




Hope you had a happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo