Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Fall Is Here!



Fall is here!
At least on my dining room table.
Outside it's 95 degrees.




Our little cactus is going to town with another beautiful bloom. 




The sky is prettier once the heat and dust of summer die down a bit.
Can you see the birds that flew into my carefully framed shot?


In spite of the cooling weather and the gift of the gorgeous natural world,
I've been pretty discouraged lately.  My fatigue level has been high, and my digestive
system is not happy.  It's hard to keep my emotional equilibrium.
My parents knew I was struggling and sad, and they sent me this huge bouquet of glorious flowers.


Nothing takes it away, but feeling cherished and precious is a big help.

On to happier news,
On Sunday, Greg was COVERD IN CATS during his nap!!!


Claude has been following me from room to room lately
and even crawling in my lap.  It's weird and lovely.
She used to be completely anti-social.


Juvy is as cuddly as always, though she would prefer to be outside all the time.


I am making some adjustments to fine-tune some of the Chirp Curriculum lessons,
and I've ordered all sorts of resources materials.
I'm FULLY enjoying learning more about Jesus and His character.
He is completely loving, non-violent, and enemy-loving.
Even if my body is misbehaving, I can expand my mind and my heart!


A bunch of recommended resources if you're interested 
(some are a little dense):

The Jesus-Centered Bible
The Jesus Driven Life
A More Christlike God
Reunion
The Nature Of The Atonement


On Sunday, I wore this outfit and felt good in it.
skirt: Calvin Klein (Macy's)
camisole: JKY by Jockey (Target)
blouse: I forget!
bag: ABage (Amazon)
shoes: Bandolino

Better view:


That day, my little friend J drew a picture of me (the tall one)
with him (the little one).


And on the way home, I saw a roadrunner,
standing under a bush, waiting for me!





 I came out from the shower yesterday and saw Stephen, 
all comfy on the dining room table!


When I came over to get him down, he started rolling around as if 
he was the happiest kitty on the planet.
It was so cute that I had to take a bunch of pictures before making him get down.


 And then my beans exploded!
I thought I had them sufficiently covered, but the cover blew off, too.
Ew.
All cleaned up now, though!


I had a couple of great meals of 
corn tortillas
brown rice
spinach
black beans
green olives
shredded carrots
and mild salsa
Yum!


I'm also planning a fun trip to Minnesota to see my extended family and a few friends.
As usual, I'm a little nervous about the energy requirements, but I'd like to squeeze in as much time with my loved ones as possible while I'm there, even if I come home worn out!

I look forward to the chilly weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo