Friday, December 15, 2017

Gearing Up For Christmas







All the Christmas cards have been sent, and I think we have all our gifts bought
(and mostly wrapped, where wrapping is necessary).  Yay!

The tree is looking prettier all the time because the packages are so pretty.
This year I decided only natural browns, blues, and golds under our tree, and since we're the only ones wrapping the presents for each other and my parents, it works!
My parents are coming into town at the end of the month and we're going to have a happy celebration
(hopefully with a FEAST, too!) with them, so we have their gifts under our tree, too.



Claude does NOT like all the deliveries . . .   


Usually it's in the 50s in the morning still, but we've had at least two or three days in the high 30s! 
It feels VERY wintery and festive.
It gets dark really early, too - around 5:30 PM.


But the chilly air means that everyone needs lots of fuzzy blankets and cuddles - hooray!




Juvy wedged herself between two pillows.


Claude was even willing to let Stephen touch her.
It was a big day! 


 She wants to snuggle with me a lot, too.  I don't mind!





 In the midst of the festive activities, Cubie (my Nissan Cube)
got sick!  She just wouldn't start at all one day while I was running errands.
I'm very thankful for AAA - first the mechanic guy came and figured out what he thought the problem was.  


Then I waited an hour more and the tow truck came.


 Happily, I was not rushed for any reason, and I was able to spend 
the waiting time at Ross and TJ Maxx! 

They have crazy stuff now (probably due to the popularity of "ugly sweater contests").
This one was nice, though - it reminds me of fuzzy shirts men in Minnesota might wear in the winter.
I was tempted . . . 


Here's what I was wearing:
blouse: Maison Jules (Macy's)
camisole: JKY by Jockey (Target)
jeans: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
socks & shoes: Target

I bought this very cute plaid shirt with some huge 
beautiful metallic floral embroidery.



I happened across a couple of other outfits, too, while I was digging through photos.
This is probably my favorite one lately.
jacket: Levi's (Amazon)
blouse: Black Rainn (Ross)
skirt: GAP
tights: Target
shoes: TJ Maxx
bag: ABage (Amazon)


I wore this last night to a Christmas party for the production team at church
(Greg runs the sound board, and I was his date).
I added my Levi's faux-leather jacket and a big gray scarf because we ate dinner outside.
Since my health stuff has been acting up a bit, I was really chilly and I am most of the time lately.
I'd much rather be cold than HOT!
sweater: a new day (Target)
camisole: JKY by Jockey (Target)
jeans: Style & Co (Macy's)
socks: Amazon
shoes: Target

I'm having a small Christmas party tonight for the 1:1 (special needs) team I lead at church.
I'm cooking the main dishes and my co-volunteers are bringing sides and desserts, so we'll have a yummy time!  Off to vacuum . . . 


Bonus:
Two of my students playing superheroes using box tops as shields . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo