Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Thrifting, A Surprise Party, & A Small Setback



Meet Wanda!
Up close and personal.
Wanda the whale is Allistair's favorite toy.
When he is lonely, he carries her around.
If I leave (even just for a shower), he puts Wanda where
he wishes I were.  It's sweet and adorable,
just like Allistair himself!


Can you pick out FOUR cats helping me read on the bed?


Here's one: Allistair.


Claude loves her Daddy.


She loves me, too, but if he's around, she definitely gravitates to him.


Allistair crawled up on top of the pile of pillows and snuggled in.


He likes to cuddle in lots of different places and positions.


So does sweet Claudie!





Juvy and Stephen like the clean sheets, just piled on the bed:


Allistair has been helping me with crocheting scarves. 


But after awhile, he gets tired and needs to be bundled up!




Stephen droops and watching the action: 


And Juvy curls up into a little cinnamon roll and purrs (loudly).




Juvy likes to be on the TOP of the person:


Napping is with kitties whenever possible:




I finished the golden yellow scarf!
I needed to still tuck in the ends after I took this photo,
but I love the texture and color of it!




Here is Claude sleeping with the golden scarf in the background!




I started a fuschia scarf next!


More help crocheting . . .




Two boys sleeping near each other. Awww!










I decided to try chopsticks in my hair.
It looks cute and there's no plastic clip to snap and crack and break
from holding too much hair. 
However, it doesn't really solve the problem of pinning up heavy hair.
It still hurts after awhile.


I got in a mood the other day and decided to reorganize for fall/winter.
I hung up all the pants (instead of them being folded).
As winter comes, I will sort through all those sweaters.
Most of them are years old and most of them I haven't worn much in the last
couple of years for various reasons, so I expect that the herd will be thinned
as the winter rolls on.




Here's another exciting thing:
I got to tour the new church facility that's being built! 


The 1:1 (special needs) program will be moving into the new facility temporarily
while our new wing is being revamped and updated.
I and the 1:1 intern Zoey signed our names on the floor.
It's exciting to envision what God might do through this building and our team!


Cindy and I usually have a movie night on Fridays.
Sometimes we cook, too!


Here's a little feast we made:
Chili and potato-lentil croquettes!
Yum!


I have scheduled a 1:1 party & training for this Friday,
and I'm planning a succulent planting activity.
I needed some little pots and containers, and I wanted them to be used
because I thought it would be fun (and more responsible).

I didn't buy JUST those succulent containers, though!

I also bought these cute bowls!
These are a two-bowl set - for $4!


Look at the pretty colors!


These two have the blue design.
I'm thinking I'll use them to send leftovers home with people
and/or for serving stuff at parties.
The little blue one in the back might be good as a drawer organizer, too.


Because my ankle, foot, and leg were hurting MORE,
I wore the big boot to run errands.
top: Charter Club (Macy's)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
sandal: Sketcher's (Amazon)
bag: Target
necklace: a cute little spinning bird pendant from the 70s (Etsy)

I also found some vintage scarves
that I'm planning to use for wrapping gifts.
I bought a butter yellow chemise, bought it home, washed it,
and discovered that the boob section is HUGE even though the body part fits okay.
The cups bunch up under my armpits . . . so I will probably be passing this chemise on
unless I can find a way to alter it.


I found this cute little wicker rabbit basket!
It might be an Easter decor item OR a gift basket in the future.
We'll see!


Look at her cute little fluffy tail!



My ankle/foot/leg haven't been doing very well.
Since being out of the tall black boot, it's actually gotten more
painful.  I almost fainted during an exercise at physical therapy on Friday.
My Physical Therapist told me to stop most of the exercises, wear the big boot again,
and stop pushing.  We suspect that I'm not experiencing high pain levels as pain, but as nausea and dizziness.  We hope that more support for a bit longer will allow full healing . . .if not, back to the doctor and perhaps more imaging (MRI or x-ray). 
I'm able to do a lot of what I need to do. I even did my own grocery
shopping today!  I'm pretty tired, but I did it and I didn't crash.


The Friday evening after that disappointing and physically tiring PT appointment,
Cindy and Sara surprised me with an unexpected birthday party (over 2 weeks early!)




They brought balloons . . . 


beautiful decorations . . .




napkins,
and fruit compote!
Delicious!!!
And sweet and thoughtful and just what I needed.



Thank you, sweet and wonderful friends!


Our little cacti are having a great year!
This little person developed two small limbs recently.
We only noticed because Greg blew the leaves all away from the cactus garden.

Look how tiny and cute they are!





The trees are happy, too.


The newest addition to our family is a Tornado foosball table.


Our great neighbor Jordan helped Greg get it in the house.


Then, of course, they had to play a game on the old table.


Here are the two side-by-side.
The new-to-us one has light wood siding and handles.
It's very pretty and will bring lightness and airiness into the area.

I made cookies to thank Jordan and they turned out GREAT.
I'll be making more for the party on Friday!
Molasses krinkle cookies.

If you are a woman, please read this book.
It's amazing and hopeful and helpful and full of information.

Another great purchase is this dishwasher powder!
It's ADORABLE!
And the tin container is reuseable in all sorts of ways.


There's a comic on the back!
Who can resist?



I'm glad your birthday was happy, Dad!

Oh, and ick - termites have come back!


These are their little tunnels.  They will sadly die very soon after the appointment
 on November 1 for the control team to come deal with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo