Saturday, February 1, 2020

Parents & Other Fun



I have mentioned them this winter already, but
my Mom arrived with the flu, so she wasn't in any fit state for hanging out.

Happily, she is almost fully recovered and we've spend some fun time together already.

We met at Pieology for pizza.



It was a cloudy day and the sunset was especially pretty.




I like being able to choose exactly what I want on my pizza!




Pizza brings happiness!


Here is a terrible picture:


And here's a better one!


Here's my pizza!


And here's what I was wearing that day:
coat:Marc Andrew? (Ross)
top: Charter Club (Macy's)
pants: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
bag: Target


My Mom and I have had TWO shopping trips already - hooray!
They're some of my very favorite times.
I tried on this pink bell-sleeved zipper sweatshirt and liked it enough
to buy it (clearance for $9.97) and a gray version, too (online).




It's very oversized and the sleeves have slits, which
means they're not practical during cooking or cleaning.
They flop everywhere.


This blouse was too crazy and it was asymmetrical, too
(not my favorite).

Can you see us?


There we are!
My Mom was still not feeling great, but she looked cute.



She tried on this gray sweatshirt, but it wasn't quite right.



We went to Target, too.

It was a lovely day!


That Friday, Cindy came over.
We tried out a new chocolate crinkle cookie recipe
and it's my new favorite recipe!
I adapted it in all sorts of crazy ways, but it worked.


Yum!



My friend Marie came over for dinner one evening,
and I made black bean and rice burgers and potato-lentil croquettes.



The weather has been perfect.
Chilly in the mornings, sunny and warm in the afternoons.
Right this minute, all the windows are open and I can hear the birds
and the fountain.  It's wonderful.
This time of year brings me a LOT OF JOY.
I'm grateful to live in such a unique and beautiful place.


My gorgeous niece, Cora, lost teeth!


Her two front teeth!
She was very brave about pulling them out.
Watching her do it made my eyes water.


There they are!

While I was in Sedona for the VegFest, my Dad performed in his 
annual Barbershop Chorus concert.


The cats have been trying to get extra snuggles.
Everyone misses Juvy.


Stephen laid right on top of Allistair's neck!


Poor little Allistair!
(He got up very soon after this photo was snapped).





And then I finally got to cook a feast for my parents!
I made chocolate crinkle cookies and fruit salad . . . 






with black bean & rice burgers . . . 



and vegan sausages (Beyond Meat sausages, brat style).


And potato wedges.



Everything was tasty and the house was cozy.
That's my favorite sort of evening!


It's a blessing to have the chance to nourish the people I love! 


I love my sweet family!


For our second shopping trip, my Mom and I went to Macy's, picked up some new underthings,
and then went to Ross.  It was great!

Here's what I wore for that adventure:
top: Charter Club (Macy's
pants: 89th & Madison (Ross)
shoes & bag: Target


I very much like this goldenrod color.


There we are!
My Mom has tricked you by standing back,
away from the camera, so we look almost the same height.




I found lots of cute stuff at Ross.
This sweater (Charter Club) was less than $10
and it's sparkly with stars on it.



I found two pairs of running pants,
which I need because I only have one pair I like.
One of the new pairs is blue, 



and one is a pretty forest green color.



It's very hard to see, but the green ones have a see-through
animal print pattern down the sides of the legs.


I found this neat top with all different patterns of dots!
It's from Calvin Klein.



Here's the way I wore this top on Sunday to church:
top: Calvin Klein (Ross)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
tights & slippers: Target




Here was our stash.
I'm not sure about those yellow shoes
because my ankles are still quite wobbly.

Later in the week, I went to Beall's
to look for some towels. 
I wore this and it's one of my favorite chilly-day outfits.
The big sweater is the one I bought at the Beall's in Sedona!


I found this reindeer t-shirt in the clearance aisle,
and it will be very cute next holiday time!




And I found this zipper blouse with a heart print.
Heart print is my favorite pattern, especially if it's small
and looks like polka dots.




I had been looking for a denim vest to wear
with long-sleeved dresses when it's too warm for a full
denim jacket, and I found this one at Goodwill.
I have to try it out with a real outfit and see what I think.


At church on Sunday, I parked Clarabelle right next to Greg's big truck.
It made me happy to see them together!




And thank you to our friends Tanya & Anthony,
who gave us this beautiful frame, etched with Juvy's name.
It's beautiful and it warms our hearts that so many people care.
Most of us understand the pain of losing a loved one.


I hope you're having a wonderful weekend
and that you're getting a break from the stuff you do on the week days.

Enjoy your day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo