Thursday, February 6, 2020

Show Low



I got to take another little trip!

I went to Show Low, a smallish town in the mountains
for a retreat with the children's ministry team at church.

 I drove myself up there with Clarabelle (my car)
and enjoyed the view the whole time.










When I got up on top of the Mogollon Rim, the trees were different.





And I started seeing SNOW!




There's looking down into the valley.


Here's what I was wearing:
star sweater: Charter Club (Ross)
pants: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
bag: Target



We went out to dinner the first night.
These people include the children's pastor,
preschool leader team,
kindergarten through 5th grade leader team,
and special needs leader (me!)


The cabin was gorgeous.






While I was preparing my meal (to take to the restaurant with me),
I opened the mustard.  The change in elevation built up pressure inside the container
and the mustard shot out of the bottle!
Oops!  




There's Clarabelle in the mountains!



The next day, I wore this:
blouse & sweater: A New Day (Target)
pants: 89th & Madison (Ross)
socks & slippers: Target

I wore my spinning birdie necklace:



Look at the view!



Here's what I had for lunch:



During our afternoon break, I went for a walk in the chilly air.
It was close to freezing during the day.
I wore my new puffer jacket (from Beall's in Sedona)
and Target sneakers.






Look!  It's snow!


Beautiful trees and beautiful clean air scents.



I felt very happy.









I found a very neat layered (striated) rock.


And a tree that had a funny face!


Here's a cairn on top of a fence post:








During the later sessions, we made some plans for 2020:



The last day, I wore this:
blouse: A New Day (Target)
sweater: Beall's
pants: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
socks: Target


I love the little pom poms on this sweater
and the sweet light pink color!








It started to SNOW!


Here's the team again:


I was happy to be in the snow:


You can see the snow in my hair!



Everyone left and started the drive back to the Valley,
but I decided to take a quite walk in the wilderness first.
I picked this trail because the ratings said there were lovely views.


Those ratings were correct!








White Mountain Trail System:











Water was sitting in this little pothole.



















It was still snowing a teensy little bit.






Can you see Clarabelle there?


There she is!





The view on the way home was equally beautiful as the drive up.





Hope you enjoyed this little trip with me to Show Low!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! xo