Thursday, March 5, 2020

Sweet Family!



My brother, Mark,
his wife, Jillian,
and their beautiful girls Cora and Esme
are in Arizona this week!




It's already been delightful!





We put together 3D puzzles (of a seahorse and a peacock) . . .


we ate at Chipotle . . . 





and we went for a hike
after a fun lunch!



We hiked Hieroglyphic Trail, which is one of my favorites.


Even my Mom and Dad bravely came along, even though
they have some physical limitations (don't we all?!)


My handsome brother and his beautiful wife:


Me and my sweet nieces!






Part of the path was all dried out.





Apricot mallow were blooming.



As well as other pretty flowers:




We found a cairn!








We situated ourselves with the sign that says
"Hieroglyphic Trail".





Here's the finished product!










Look at this intrepid explorer!







Cora and I hiked ahead and saw THIS at the top!!!


We took off our shoes and socks and got our
feet in the water right away!


There are some of the hieroglyphics!


There were waterfalls!









Mom and Jillian arrived!








And Esme arrived, too!
Look at that wonderful smile.




Mark loves clambering around on rocks
like I do.  I was hampered a bit by my weak ankles,
but I had a fabulous time.

So did Mark!





And Cora!








Esme liked it, too.

























Look at that stud!




Hiking is much more fun with these girlies!





My Dad enjoyed the hike, too.



My Mom did great!







Greg found a place to get the waterfall in the background
of our family photo.



And the hieroglypics in a different direction!
Both were spur-of-the-moment and I love them!
They warm my heart.


I love these animations, too.










Then we headed back down the trail.





We went to Pieology for dinner.
Cora had an allergic reaction and was very sleep from Benadryl.
Grandma and I got some extra cuddles.





The next day (yesterday), we were a bit worn out, so we had a slower day.
There was some swimming in the pool, some books,
and more snuggles.





I love having them close by!

1 comment:

  1. What fabulous memories. Thank you for putting these together!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! xo