Tuesday, August 13, 2013

LDN + Soda Box


The visit with the Gastroenterologist on Thursday went GREAT!  
He was very interested in the studies I took with me that showed the value of some of the supplements I'm taking (Boswellia, CLA) and he was willing to prescribe Low-Dose Naltrexone (LDN).  
I sent the script off to a compounding pharmacy in Florida that specializes in LDN and knows all the ins and outs of putting it together effectively.  There are lots of things that can be done wrong that make it less effective (or not effective at all!)  It should arrive in a few days!  I may have sleep difficulties for a little while, and I probably will have crazy dreams between 2 and 4 am, but those are small side-effects if this makes a difference and I start feeling lots better!  The doctor even asked to keep the print-outs of the journal studies I took in.  Hopefully they will help with his next patient who has a similar issue!

The Gastroenterologist also prescribed the above probiotic, which is extra strong and especially for the treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease.  It says "ulcerative colitis" on the packet, but the disease processes are similar (the results in the colon are different)
I mix this stuff up in my protein shake in the morning and in Gatorade in the evening (when everything's inflammed, I have been getting faint and dizzy, and my Mom suggested some Gatorade to replace electrolytes - smart lady!)


We've been having a lot of fun around here with this empty soda box!


Soda Box, Part I


Soda Box, Part II



Soda Box, Part III


Baltazar has been feelin' spunky, too!
In this picture, he is hunting Claude, who was peeking out the sliding glass back door
at some birdies.  Baltazar doesn't like her that close.


Juvy watched birdies from the windowsill in the hot afternoon.


And she played ball through the soda box!  


Stephen looking sleepy and lovey


Here is some proof of how helpful Stephen and Allistair are when we are making the bed!



Here is a little glimpse of what I do!
This is what I do on Sundays (though I don't always lead the story time or lead the classroom),
and during the week, I create lessons like the one you see being used in this picture.  
This lesson is #3: God Made Everything!



We have been using fabric softener sheets again after not for a while, and Claude is HAPPY!!!



Last video for today - Allistair and Stephen BOTH bring their toys to Daddy while he's playing the guitar!



Happy Tuesday!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had an open and receptive doctor. All that research paid off for you and probably a lot of other people. I'm soooooooooo proud of you for taking the initiative in looking for other options and then being brave enough to present then to the doctor. As Joyce says "it's taking your mess and making it a ministry" That's especially neat cause you are ministering to people's health that you may never know. You go girl !!!! Got to get to work. Lov U

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! xo