Saturday, September 26, 2015

Slow Sunny Saturday


It may have reached 102 today (it did),
but I choose to pretend that we have chilly fall-like weather right now.

I even wore jeans the other day.

Ahhh . . . a fire and a good book.
Yes, that fire is a DVD!

This was a busy, but fun week.

I did quite a bit of work because I got inspired and had enough energy (hooray!)

Allistair and Stephen "helped" me work.

Allistair "helped" on my desk . . . 


Stephen "helped" from the shelf next to my desk . . . 


and Claude helped by simply being completely beautiful.


I tried a new soup in a box that I LOVE.
I'm craving it right this minute, but I'm out.
I'll pick some up tomorrow.


Here are some of its great qualities.


 Here are the nutrition facts:


And here's a close-up of the ingredients.
No emulsifiers besides corn starch!
All natural, plant-based ingredients!


It's delicious and slightly tangy.
I am craving sweet potatoes all day long, every day right now, so this soup is a great lunch.


Tonight I made another version of nice cream (frozen fruit dessert).

This one was cherry chocolate banana.

I put the following ingredients in the food processor and processed until it was creamy and smooth.

Four frozen bananas
5 oz frozen cherries (or more - I only had half a bag left)
1/4 soy milk (or other)
2-4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
mini chocolate chips to garnish
maple syrup if you want it sweeter (I didn't add any)

Beautiful and TASTY!


I'm going to have some more before bed!


My next effort is going to find a good plant-based pizza recipe.
Maybe this one for quick meals?

Not great ingredients, though.

My preference is the pizza crusts and sauce that I found at Sprout's.
The crust has very few ingredients and no xanthan gum, which is an emulsifier that I try to avoid.
I haven't made pizza with these ingredients yet, but I'm planning to this week.
I'll let you know how it goes!

I did a teeny bit of home improvement this week . . . 
I put up some little starburst mirrors above the built-in desk in the hallway.


There they are!



Have a relaxing weekend!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! xo