Friday, February 2, 2018

Cruelty-Free Skin-Care Products



Since becoming vegan two and a half years ago, I have learned a lot more about how animals are treated in order to make our lives more convenient.  I am NOT OKAY with another sentient entity suffering because I want thicker eyelashes or smoother skin.

I no longer purchase products that are tested on animals.

I have done a LOT of experimenting in the past two + years, and I have tried a lot of different products.  I know there are lots of people out there who are interested in making similar changes in their lives, so here are the products I'm currently using.

Skin Care


This is very lovely and smooth and hydrating.
I've been using it for years.
Mad Hippie Antioxidant Facial Oil Mad Hippie Skin Care 30 mL


Skin Treatments

It's gentle, creamy, and it smells great!
Mad Hippie Cream Cleansor, 4 oz


Anti-aging product - 

I'm starting out VERY slowly with this one because it can cause flaking and irritation if used too heavily.  Skin needs time to adjust to it.  So far I haven't had any of those side effects AND it appears to be helping the texture of my skin be smoother and more consistent.
I started out using it one time per week, and I did that for one month.  Now I'm using it twice per week for a month.  I will continue that pattern until I'm using it every night.
Using it on top of the antioxidant oil makes it less potent.



This serum is light and has helped the texture of my dry skin.  I use it every night over my antioxident oil.


Vitamin C Serum - 

My doctor recommended vitamin C serum, and so do a lot of skin care experts.



I love skin care!
The better my skin looks, the less make-up I need.
I have found that my skin has been less smooth and nice since my health conditions started getting worse, and I'm working hard to get my whole self (including skin!) in the best shape possible.

I should also mention that there are other brands that offer similar products for different prices (many more, some less), but I really trust and love the Mad Hippie brand.  The packaging is gorgeous, the bottles are sturdy and elegant, and the customer service is helpful.  Also, the products WORK, but gently.  I feel healthier AND prettier using them.


Make-Up

Foundation - 

I've tried a lot of  foundations, and I have hated a lot of foundations.
This one I love!  It's shiny but covers what I need it to cover.
I do follow with powder.
Gabriel Cosmetics, Vegan,Moisturizing Liquid Foundation, Pale Ivory, 1 Ounce



Powder - 


This can be used as foundation on its own, but I find it a little cakey if I layer it as much as I need to to cover the redness on my cheeks.  It's a great texture over the very moisturizing foundation above.


Blush - 
Beautiful color and it also has a nice sheen that acts as a highlighter!

Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls Blush, Natural Pearl, 0.15 oz.



Eyeshadow primer - 

I've tried other brands, but this one is great!
I love that it's flesh colored so it evens out the eyelid color even before eyeshadow.


Eyeshaadow -

I love this one.
Inexpensive, great colors, not too dusty, and the "base" color is perfect all by itself.
I feather the "line" color into my eyebrows to thicken them a bit. 

Eyeliner - 

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum, Ultra Black, 0.016 Ounce

Lip balm -
Hurraw
My favorite flavor is cherry because the color is lovely.
Black Cherry Tinted (2 Pack) Hurraw! Lip Balm: Organic, Certified Vegan, Certified Cruelty Free, GMO Free, Gluten Free, All Natural – Luxury Lip Balm Made in the USA – BLACK CHERRY TINTED (2 Pack)



Lipstick - 
My favorite color (so far!) is Gem.


Mineral Fusion Lipstick, Gem, .14 Ounce




Scent:

When my health problems started getting worse, typical perfumes started bothering me a LOT.
I want to smell nice, but I want to be non-toxic (to myself and other people!)
I love the smell of this lovely scent.  To me it smells like a light bubblegum fragrance.
A friend told me she smelled patchouli, but that's not the stand-out component for my nose.
It also has the benefit of being calming and focusing! 
Aura Cacia Organic Chakra Balancing Roll-On, Enlightening Crown, 0.31 fluid ounce



I will follow this with posts about cruelty-free body care and cruelty-free home care.

I hope it's helpful to you.
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have;
leave them in the comments below.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo