Thursday, February 1, 2018

Super Blue Blood Lunar Eclipse





Greg and I got up and out the front door by 6:05 on Wednesday to
see the super blue blood lunar eclipse!

Find out more about this phenomenon here:



We needed to bundle up because it was only 46 degrees (F).


I was out the door earliest because I was really excited. 
My little camera captured this above our house . . .  


It was BEAUTIFUL!
I wish I had studied more about astronomy because it baffles me
while at the same time intriguing me.
There is always something new to learn in this big universe.




Greg brought out the tripod and the fancier camera.


We walked down to the corner so we had an unobstructed view.




Here's our street.
You can see how CRAZY RED the moon was!!!



I have a wimpy (though beloved!) little camera,
but Greg's is pretty good, and he was able to capture some fantastic
images of the moon.

with blurry airplane
 


I was happy that I was able to get a picture of this star!





 The sun began to rise, and the moon began to be eclipsed by
the earth between it and the sun.



Goodnight, moon! 


Did you get to see this glorious astronomical event?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo