Saturday, May 26, 2018

Bookshelf Restyling



Hooray!  We got a new shelf!
You can't see it in that photo, but it's a leaning ladder style shelf,
which I think are especially cool.  



It's white.

If we replace any furniture in the future, it's likely it will be replaced with white stuff
because our floors are DARK.  Lighter wood looks good, too.
This shelf was out in the driveway of our neighbors across the street with a sign on it
that said, "FREE".  I like free!  


I have moved all my fashion/style books onto it,
and the bottom shelf is for cat and bird books.





Of course, then I needed to reorganize the books in the main
bookshelf!  That was fun.  I have a couple of stacks to take to the used book store
and now books are stored like with like.  Also nice is that now there aren't books
hiding behind other books on shelves.


Here's the finished product 
(though I admit to doing a few tweaks after this photo was taken!):


I also needed to move a little chair and table out of the bedroom corner
where the new bookshelf is.  I put the table here for now.
The future home of the chair has yet to be decided.





 While I was working on that, Greg put new faucet heads on - hooray!
The one in the kitchen was leaking, so he installed this cool thing.







Of course, resting and snuggling was required after that!
Sundays are HARD (and last Sunday was one of the more difficult ones),
so I try to take it easy on Saturdays and fill up the energy buckets.

Allistair agrees that this is a good choice.






 So does Claude.






So does Stephen!


Though I did do some bike riding.
I have decided to ride just 30 minutes per day most days of the week
rather than a full hour.  Perhaps this will help me get back to a better overall
energy level.


Allistair loves bike riding time!



On Sunday, I wore my new gingham top
with a flippy black skirt and black shoes.
It was a great outfit for doing what I need to do Sundays
while feeling cute and feminine.
top: Eden & Olivia (Ross)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
shoes: Target

   
We had some more beautiful cactus blooms.


Melvin produced FOUR blooms at the same time!



The cacti at the library are blooming, too.


Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo